1986 Walvale

Frame and forks dropped off at C&G today.........What a place, they really know there stuff. Had a little peek at what they had in there, noticed a eddie soens and steve goff. Its going to be ready in a couple of weeks, need to get my decals sorted now and get them to C&G before the final laquer coat goes on. Pictures to follow when its all painted up.

Picked the frame up today from C&G, done a lovely job, really pleased with it. Trying to get it done for the weekend so started building back up tonight.

P1020445.jpg

P1020446.jpg

P1020447.jpg

P1020449.jpg

P1020448.jpg

P1020450.jpg

P1020451.jpg

Got some dura ace hubs and araya rims arriving tomorrow, so going to get them to the lbs tho get built up. Just need a chain and 8 speed ug cassette if anybody knows of one?

:shock: Whoaaaaaa :shock:

They've made a beautiful job of the paintwork, nice to see the downtube decal the right way up and quick turnaround as well :)

That is one stunning bike

What sort of prices are they charging?

Oh my thats looking lovely! Love the pin striping on the top of the seatstays.

You sure you want an 8 speed UG cassette? Think you may need a HG?

Tel":35nqwn5d said:
Oh my thats looking lovely! Love the pin striping on the top of the seatstays.

You sure you want an 8 speed UG cassette? Think you may need a HG?

I do need a HG cassette your right. Trouble is, do I need a 7 or 8 speed?

The downtube shifters are indexed for 7, will I be able to use a 8 speed cassette? Just have the shifter set in "friction" mode?

Thanks for the comments. If i'm being fussy the gold lettering isnt as original font, although its not far off. The stickers I got off ebay that were supposed to be an original copy where to large for the downtube! So C&G just got those made up for me by somebody they use.

Recieved my dura ace hubs today, just waiting for the rims to come then I can get those built up, really want to try and get it done for the weekend.

Robbied196":1pw2e4i2 said:
:shock: Whoaaaaaa :shock:

They've made a beautiful job of the paintwork, nice to see the downtube decal the right way up and quick turnaround as well :)

That is one stunning bike

What sort of prices are they charging?

Thanks. It was around the £200 mark, would of been much cheaper without the fade and the lug lining and the fact they had to grind the original owners name out of the seat stays. But I wanted the original paint job, I think it was definitley worth it.

Back