The silly things that we do!

thejackal

Retro Guru
What is the daftest thing you have paid over the odds for? Just because you wanted it and the money was burning a hole in your pocket?........

I just bought a Selle Italia Expedia seat for my retro Kona build. Well used, some might even say just this side of rubbish. I paid ££25.00 for it!!!
Daft, I know, but not seen one anywhere for sale.

There must be some better examples than that!!!

Ok -

Heres mine:

I paid £700 quid for a plastic 15 year old frame.
£50 for a gold ringle seat collar for the Hei Hei.
£70 for some Grafton cantis!

What a t*t!

Jez

Wow Jez

That must be some frame!!!!!

What is it? Do you still have it? If so, lets see it.

A picture is the closest I'll ever get toa £700 frame.

Ps I suspected I'd hear from you, Adam G, Cchris2lou and Scant!

As soon as I had typed that in, I thought I already know what frame it is!

Doh, but I pressed enter by then, and it was too late.

Carl

8 quid for a Syncros Hacky sack.

I know 8 quid is relatively small but Ive never even kicked a hacky sack, in fact i think theyre plain daft.... as I must be

40 quid for a set of original boingies for my Pace RC35's and best buy so far, 7 quid for an immaculate white rolls saddle :)

In the world of aversages, it always works out! :D

Rich

US$140 for some original SIDs recently; it was a Panic Play, they had a Buy It Now option! :cry:

Not so bad I hear you say.. It's just that I don't have a 1 1/8" frame for them to slip into.. So they'll just sit there looking pretty [expensive]..

Best buy hmm.. Might have to be the Salsa stem that's due to end later today that I have locked in at US$5!

I'm a tightwad so I try and pay as little as possible for things :oops:

Probably the Eighty quid I spent as a teenager on some spangly Pauls brakes, it didn't seem right hanging them on my Scott at the time so they stayed unused for years.....now I have some bikes to use them on :D

Stu

Back