Please forgive me for I have sinned...

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
...it has been 14 days since I last rode my bike because,
1. Despite buying heaps of wet weather clothing this year I got totally fed up of getting wet, and
2. I had a few glasses of wine on Christmas Eve, cycled home, and fell off. Think I have bruised/cracked a few ribs. Make the pain go away :LOL:

That's nothing, mine has not moved for longer then that! Bloody weather. Thought about going out today but am knackered after a busy night at work :(

Harry , broke a couple of ribs about 7-8 weeks ago, though the pain has gone now, occasionally I get the pain back, guess takes longer to heal than I first thought. I tried riding a week after I did it, but was too much agony. I used my road bike to build up my fitness again and avoid the bumpiness of a rigid mountain bike !

hang in there fella!

That first bit took me right back to my childhood, having to sit before the priest each week trying to think up something to confess :D and been told to say 3 Hail Marie's and an Our Father.

I hope you feel better soon.

Alison

Augustus":2pkkgrmv said:
i may have outgrown it. (as a fad, rather than as a bike size).

+1 - I like to go fast on my road bike, but old MTB's are so cool, it's my history I guess. And I had a bout 10 days off all bikes over Xmas & NYE, but have cycled work - home 5 times this year.

I did get very fed up of getting wet last year although I've got all the kit. It's when the rain runs down your coat into your velcroed up gloves that you know it's really bad.

theredchili":2vl78kpy said:
Harry , broke a couple of ribs about 7-8 weeks ago, though the pain has gone now, occasionally I get the pain back, guess takes longer to heal than I first thought. I tried riding a week after I did it, but was too much agony. I used my road bike to build up my fitness again and avoid the bumpiness of a rigid mountain bike !

hang in there fella!

I'm tempted to say I told you......nah

I tried to return to Karate too soon after having a rib cracked (training in Karate), not my best idea ever.

Six weeks minimum and usually ten to twelve.

NeilM":10mc0aiq said:
theredchili":10mc0aiq said:

hang in there fella!

I'm tempted to say I told you......nah

I tried to return to Karate too soon after having a rib cracked (training in Karate), not my best idea ever.

Six weeks minimum and usually ten to twelve.

:LOL:

Back