Yet another Roberts D.O.G.S... of a rebuild

bat40a6":3jzh9o51 said:
Mine is the yellow and red DB on the Roberts Flickr site.

I just looked up your bike in the Roberts gallery: SWEET.

That looks to be a pretty similar build to mine, only with a lot more colour involved. It also looks like a new frame, from the graphics and also the drop outs.

How does it ride?

Incidentally, my White Spider is right next to your DB in the album. It's the metallic grey rigid leaning against a post fence.

While we're discussing tiny details, is there any pattern to the presence or absence of the full stop after the 'S' in 'DOGS'? Some seem to have it, some don't. Or is it just one of those quirky random framebuilder things?

looks great with a bit of mud on her feller , far to good a bike to just hang up in the garage,,, :cool: modern upgrades big thumbs up from me

MikeD":3ihcbz88 said:
While we're discussing tiny details, is there any pattern to the presence or absence of the full stop after the 'S' in 'DOGS'? Some seem to have it, some don't. Or is it just one of those quirky random framebuilder things?

Looking at my photo's of the frame, it would appear that some, including myself, have typed the name as one word, where as is should be two, with no full stop after the S in DOGS.

I stand suitably chastised and corrected. :oops:

Sparkiegaz; thanks for the thumbs up, much appreciated.

A quick update.

I rode as part of the West Midlands ten man team at Mayhem last weekend, my weapon of choice was the DB.

I had been doing some night riding in the run up to Mayhem, and noticed that I got a slight pain in my back on long climbs. A quick check of seat height and position compared to my Yates 853 showed some differences, which were corrected.

On the night, the DB performed faultlessly, it really is an incredibly easy bike to ride, and forgives me my poor bike handling skills. As you will have seen elsewhere, conditions were gloopy and as it had rained again a little before I got out, the going was pretty energy sapping.

In the end I managed a half decent lap, but had to forgo my second stint in daylight, as my slightly gammy left leg was screaming 'enough'!

I have done quite a few off road miles on the DB now, and despite adding a few more legendary names to my stable, they have a very tough act to follow.

My advice: If you see a DB for sale, BUY IT!

Back