91 Eldridge Grade - Zolatone

The plot thickens! If it is a 94 frame then it's been repainted as there's no reason they'd be painting a 94 frame in 91/92 colours. Looking at the 1992 archive it looks like the BV and Eldridge had the same frame, the Palisades did not. All very odd. :?

brocklanders023":2ib6ljp1 said:
The plot thickens! If it is a 94 frame then it's been repainted as there's no reason they'd be painting a 94 frame in 91/92 colours. Looking at the 1992 archive it looks like the BV and Eldridge had the same frame, the Palisades did not. All very odd. :?

Dude, sorry for the confusion. Most of the last post was copied from another persons previous post. He had the 94 frame not me. My frame code is at the top of the message and using the code deciphering method it confirms my frame to be a 91..... Hence the 1 in the code M31B022.

jimbog":ydraplic said:
Dude, sorry for the confusion. Most of the last post was copied from another persons previous post. He had the 94 frame not me. My frame code is at the top of the message and using the code deciphering method it confirms my frame to be a 91..... Hence the 1 in the code M31B022.

so going off the key:

M = Marvel factory

3 = Pine Mountain

1 = 1991

B = 15.5"

022 = Production number

If I've got that right its a 1991 Pine Mountain 15.5" frame

I have discovered a couple of potential errors in the previous sizing and model number codes. I have checked both my pine mountain and eldridge.

Pine mountain - M21BE0127
Eldridge Grade - M31BE0022

These two bikes are different frame sizes but have the same BE code in the middle. As a result none of the code on my frames can relate to frame size. This is not to say that other frames do have a sizing code incorporated into the main code.

From the frame codes I can conclude that the following should be true -

The M is the factory.

M is Marvel, F is Fairly and T is Ti sports

the next number is the model number. Exclude the Ti bikes and work down the list eg.

1 Team Marin
2 Pine Mountain
3 Eldridge grade
4 Bear Valley
5 Muirwoods
6 Palisades Trail
7 Bobcat Trail

next number is the year ending number.

Next two letters are month and date, but you will need the Enigma machine to decode these. Not really relevant either!

Well here's my input...I would say either Brock is right with the 92 alternative colour scheme....OR that I have seen zolatone frames that are a "bit shiney" when worn it kinda smooths out the roughness of the original finish... top tube and chainstays particularily as they get the trouser/short kinda rub. May be unlikely though all over the frame...

Basically it a sweet looking Marin! Get it built up, get dirty, have fun!

Wook

quite a few of the marin frames were the same frame for 3 or for models and then made different by paint and spec

wookiee":27xmfar9 said:
Well here's my input...I would say either Brock is right with the 92 alternative colour scheme....OR that I have seen zolatone frames that are a "bit shiney" when worn it kinda smooths out the roughness of the original finish... top tube and chainstays particularily as they get the trouser/short kinda rub. May be unlikely though all over the frame...

Basically it a sweet looking Marin! Get it built up, get dirty, have fun!

Wook

True mate. Still got 92 decals though ;)

Beginning the re build.

001-9_zps44a2ee3d.jpg

002-7_zps9b6ba917.jpg

004-6_zps9fbbdfaa.jpg

009-2_zps90f32c16.jpg

012-2_zps7a366c06.jpg

013-2_zps5940c1a6.jpg

014-3_zpscdc1d2f2.jpg

020-3_zpsedd38516.jpg

022-3_zpscdadb063.jpg

027-2_zpsaf13c93d.jpg

Back