Carpentari - complete bike with Campagnolo equipement

sawston_vulcan":1tnfsun3 said:
Knowing the tubing might be useful.....that is my contribution to this discussion and i believe a useful interjection.
Agreed...just a guess but lugs very plain, no cutouts, gipiemme fork drop outs but no markings on the rear? I imagined a lower end spec but the weight is respectable at under 10 kg...? What do you think? ;)

bikenut2010":2o4yno67 said:
sawston_vulcan":2o4yno67 said:
Knowing the tubing might be useful.....that is my contribution to this discussion and i believe a useful interjection.
Agreed...just a guess but lugs very plain, no cutouts, gipiemme fork drop outs but no markings on the rear? I imagined a lower end spec but the weight is respectable at under 10 kg...? What do you think? ;)

A good indicator would be the seatpost diameter....if 27.2mm....then the tubing would be something like Columbus SL or something similar in the Mannesman Oria range.....otherwise something like Cromor or similar in the Oria range.

sawston_vulcan":2r2n13l6 said:
bikenut2010":2r2n13l6 said:
sawston_vulcan":2r2n13l6 said:

A good indicator would be the seatpost diameter....if 27.2mm....then the tubing would be something like Columbus SL or something similar in the Mannesman Oria range.....otherwise something like Cromor or similar in the Oria range.

of course, good call... :) Dawid...size??

thanks bikenut

cheers mate, the past was indeed more colourfull red/white carbon seems so all the same . i like the way you combine just two colours and chrome and your attention to detail is pleasing . your petenetti i was drawn to at first, dont know why prob the retro paint job or the mettalic tube sticker. thank you for the show . its prob not a buyers market atthemoment and i will have to watch my self , it must be great to saviour the different handling characteristics of each one , and to study the history of the riders and builders! and thankyou too vulcan!

Re: thanks bikenut

oonaff":3jcz2qmm said:
cheers mate, the past was indeed more colourfull red/white carbon seems so all the same . i like the way you combine just two colours and chrome and your attention to detail is pleasing . your petenetti i was drawn to at first, dont know why prob the retro paint job or the mettalic tube sticker. thank you for the show . its prob not a buyers market atthemoment and i will have to watch my self , it must be great to saviour the different handling characteristics of each one , and to study the history of the riders and builders! and thankyou too vulcan!
More a buyer's market than a sellers I think, since most of us are short of cash after xmas! The Pettenella is original finish and a lovely ride! :)

Back