second hand full suspension

bike

i'd go for the Cannondale and fire on a set of Rockshox Revelations and an RP23 shock so it'll run with a 67 degree head angle and it will out handle the Giant easy! It'll also weigh a good bit less, that Giant is a bit of a porker in the weight dept. :LOL:

But then I'm biassed with Cannondale's :D (currently got a custom spec Cannondale Rush Hi Mod 1)

And add on the cost of a new wheel to the Cannondale if you're changing the fork too..

So, six-year old basic single pivot with no warranty (weren't Cannondales of that era dubbed Crack'n'fail..?) that needs parts changed vs brand new, warrantied, awesome virtual pivot that you can just get and ride? Option 2 for me thanks.. ;)

Re: bike

GMC":1nw0ph88 said:
i'd go for the Cannondale and fire on a set of Rockshox Revelations and an RP23 shock so it'll run with a 67 degree head angle and it will out handle the Giant easy! It'll also weigh a good bit less, that Giant is a bit of a porker in the weight dept. :LOL:

But then I'm biassed with Cannondale's :D (currently got a custom spec Cannondale Rush Hi Mod 1)

Personally wouldn't change a thing, the Leftys are great forks.

Just for the record after a bit of poking about it seems that Giant have had quite a few (especially recently) frame problems. All of my current bikes except the Marin have heen 2-4th hand and I have given them all huge amounts of abuse and not had a frame pop on me yet, although I broke a few bitd.

I think but may be wrong That Cannondale have lifetime warrantys on all frames apart from the Freeride frames which have 3 years

@ GradeAfailure: Just out of interest why would you need to change any parts ?

gradeAfailure":xxg0xz6w said:
So, six-year old basic single pivot with no warranty (weren't Cannondales of that era dubbed Crack'n'fail..?)
No. That phrase was knocking around long before I bought my 1999 CAAD3 brand new - a bike that went on to outlive its 5-year frame warranty twice over, caned daily for over a decade.

FWIW I'd take the Prophet SL and leave the Lefty on. Ace bike.

Depends on what size frame you need, The Cannondale looks like a medium, and I've always found Cannondales come up a little small. I'm 6' and a medium Cannondale is too small for me (my brother is a Cannondale nut, so I've tried a few of his).

I do t think you can go wrong with either...personally I prefer the 'Dale, but then again I love the Prophet and would really like one to replace my SX Trail (in MX format...they had some great reviews as a do it all bike that could take a beating).

The Giant is the least risky buy. The Prophet does look quite dinky for a medium too.

Often when I and my MacRetro buddies see an Orange 5 there is usually an appreciative discussion of the merits of this tried and tested single pivot steed. I reckon you couldn't go wrong with one and there are loads out there due to their long production run. A single pivot also requires less maintenance, no complex linkages.

SLAYER, SLAYER, SLAYER!!!

That thing will taken everything you can throw at it and still come out the other side laughing :cool:

Failing that, the Prophet or the Panthem. In that order.

thank you everyone for your input budget has taken a hit due to car problems ie me putting it in a ditch. so the budget is now at 400 for the mo untill i can build up the funds again

Back