1992 Saracen Kili Racer [Big picture update - Jan 2010]

Woody":qs4keh3t said:
Absolutely fantastic Paul !! Looks to me as a serious contender for botm , love it ! :D

Cheers Chris. How would you like your bacon butty on the 31st again? ;) :LOL:

Just a hint of crispyness and hp sauce , yum yum! I like the retrobike sticker on the frame , looks cool ;)

Wow! Beautiful bike, the pictures of your bike puts the original Saracen catalogue page to shame, they might have sold a lot more if they had used yours. :cool:

Hi there, your bike is quite rightly doing well in the SOTM competition, you've done a great job.

One question- in the first messge you said you had the original decal set- where did you get it from?

Cheers
Steven

therealkw15":26siusrm said:
Hi there, your bike is quite rightly doing well in the SOTM competition, you've done a great job.

One question- in the first messge you said you had the original decal set- where did you get it from?

Cheers
Steven

Thanks Steven
When I bought the frame from Kaiser last year it still had the original Saracen headbadge and Tange sticker on it. Kaiser also supplied the remaining decals with the frame which, now I come to think of it, will have been reproductions based on the originals. The powdercoat had a faint outline from where the originals had been removed. This of course made applying the new decals significantly easier to get in the right place.

I'm assuming that gil_m made my reproduction decals for Kaiser, and will more than likely have them on file. I also say this as I know that Sidewinder recently had a lasercut set made by Gil for his blue Kili Racer.

Loved these when they came out. Superb build, hats off to you mate, a credit to your skills :D

I could stare it at all day :LOL:

Kili decals

Hi, great looking bike, i say this as i've just found my one which has been lying in the garage for years, i bought this from new back in early 90's (i'm getting old!), and plan to fully resort it and get out on it. I'm in the process of cleaning up to powder coat but would require new decals too. I'll try and contact "gil_m", i'm also trying to find the origonal forks which i've seen lying about somewhere in the garage as i have pace kevlar ones on at present. Great job, hope your still enjoying it.
Andy
drystonepaul":1cobu0az said:
therealkw15":1cobu0az said:

Cheers
Steven

Thanks Steven
When I bought the frame from Kaiser last year it still had the original Saracen headbadge and Tange sticker on it. Kaiser also supplied the remaining decals with the frame which, now I come to think of it, will have been reproductions based on the originals. The powdercoat had a faint outline from where the originals had been removed. This of course made applying the new decals significantly easier to get in the right place.

I'm assuming that gil_m made my reproduction decals for Kaiser, and will more than likely have them on file. I also say this as I know that Sidewinder recently had a lasercut set made by Gil for his blue Kili Racer.

hey paul loving your bike just wondered if you could help me, i recently bought one similar to yours for a bargain price of a tenner except mine has a few differences, mine has altus a20 quick shift gears/brakes and a20 crank, it has race elite on the seat tube and no kili decal on the cross bar and the head set tube is a lot longer than yours, ive put deore vs on as it had some awful v brakes on wheni got it, i guess what want to know is, is mine the same as yours and if not is the altus gear standard, just im not sure weather to modernise it or keep it as it would of been new. thanks paul
heres a pic of the main frame see what you think as i say ive not a clue on year and if its a kili or not cheers
P1000902_zpseeb0dd7d.jpg

Back