Alu British washing machine ready :D *Mod content*

10minutes and fairly sure my heart rate was that! Never used a monitor before so the figures don't really mean that much to me :LOL:

When I use a turbo, my warm up is ten minutes, where I raise my HR from resting up to around 135 and then up to 150 ish.

After ten minutes warming, I start the training session.

Depending on the type of session, which can last from 30 to 60 minutes, I can see (and hold) heart rates of 168 to 170 depending on the session I am doing, and on the road I have recorded a max of 181.

78/81 is only a touch above resting rate and you could generate that walking around the house or doing the washing up.

To get the best from your turbo and HRM you need to have a look around the net and find some (scientifically proven) training that works for you. There are also some excellent books about.

I quite enjoy turbo training, I get a sense of purpose out of it and enjoy the sheer exertion.

Just messaged my friend who's heart rate monitor I used...
His words... You f*#king plum one hundred and...
:oops: Makes more sense! 178/181 average? I'm not a massive fan of the turbo (prefer the great outdoors) but a great training tool. Good to smash the weights at the gym and return home and pop some miles in.

That's what I thought.

You still need to look into some focussed training though. Just hitting the turbo for ten minutes with a very high average heart rate will not really benefit you that much, you might just as well sprint up and down the road outside for ten minutes if all you want is a cardio workout.

If I tried anything like that, they'd find my corpse slumped over the handlebars ;)

Enjoy that turbo :twisted:

Back