Honc 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
From facebook

OK current plan is this..
Entry to HONC 29 will not reopen today and will remain suspended until further notice.
The HONC Committee will meet this evening at 6.30pm to discuss where we are with regard entries and to evaluate the information currently being collated by 'Entry Central' on our behalf.
Once we have established the exact situation we will post information using the HONC website, WCC Facebook page and Twitter.
We appreciate many of you have spent a frustrating afternoon trying to enter HONC 29 and we can only apologise once more.
I will try and keep updating the FB site and Twitter but it is time for me to get some lunch!
Have a great evening and good w/e and as soon as we are able we will get this show back on the road! #getoutandride :)

I even have an email confirming entry..................me thinks they may need to work on this before next year's 30th ride...............

I gave up early on. It's just not worth the hassle.

I really hate things like this, basic bad planning. honc responses now seem a little odd too. How man times on fb did they keep saying good luck ffs!

HoNC organisers said... "it is time for me to get some lunch"

Eh? You've taken thousands of pounds of other peoples money in error, causing some peoples banks to cancel their cards. Hows about you skip lunch, and sort this bloody mess out!

Shoddy.

interesting to see how much money will actually be taken now the banking is open again today as I definitely had 9 clearances from the bank and tried two other cards about as often as well.

Latest information:

Dear HONC Supporter,

We are pleased to confirm that you have successfully entered this year’s event.

Some of you will have received Entry Confirmations from EntryCentral with a number and some without a number. To rectify this, in due course EntryCentral will be reissuing all Entry Confirmations using a different range of entry numbers and these revised documents are the ones you will need to bring on the day of the event.

We have published the following on the HONC website:

HONC 2013 ENTRY UPDATE
Thank you for your patience and understanding over what has been a very difficult few days and we apologise again for the problems you have encountered.

EntryCentral have been working extremely hard over the weekend to get the system issues resolved and are now confident that they have a robust Sign On list that can be viewed at https://www.entrycentral.com/index.php?raceID=100199 If your name is on the list your entry has been successful.

EntryCentral have stated:

“Due to the problems, some users may see ‘shadow transactions’ on their cards http://www.sagepay.com/help/faq/what_is_a_shadow these are Authorisations for which there will be no subsequent collection, and they will disappear from your statement at a time determined by your bank.”

Both we and EntryCentral are responding to individual queries a soon as we can but it will still take some time to reply to everyone
We currently have 968 sign ups and 1250 places in total will be available. We are currently reviewing the best & fairest way to reopen entries and will update this site with that information in due course

Meanwhile we are still dealing with a big volume of queries and we would ask you to please not contact us unless it is absolutely necessary.

We hope this will deal with most of the queries that have been directed to us.

If you have friends who still want a place please refer them to our site http://www.honc.org.uk/

Please note we cannot accept verbal or email requests for places to be reserved

Thank you again for your patience.

Regards
HONC Administration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back