1989 TVT Lemond World Champ replica. No.54 of 300 made

Re: Greg Lemond & his TVT's

stringfellow1946":3eydrv9f said:
Mark a real stunning bike & great to see with all the Mavic gear that Lemond used in 1989 when riding for the ADR team. A couple of minor points as far as I recall the original TVT bikes that the Pros used in those days were the HM Model which was quite a bit stiffer then the standard HR version which this one is. I’m not sure if Lemond was using the HM model in 1989 be he definitely was in 1990. The HM is easily spotted by the TVT engraved on the seat & top head tube lugs, also has HM in the log on the top tube. Much more important you also have the brakes the wrong way around (they should be back brake on the R/H lever, front on the L/H).

I’m in the process of building up a Team Z Peugeot 1990 TVT bike it wont be an 100% exact replica as I can’t source a genuine Scott stem & drop in bars at the moment. I’m also finding it difficult to find out exactly what components the team used i.e. Rims Saddle etc any ideas? I also have a Low pro version of the TVT as well.

Thanks for the feedback, and you are right on both points! I may change the cable configuration, because you can't have a cable rubbing on the head tube can you?!...it's just wrong. I own 4 tvt bikes, and one is a z team bike that Ronan Pensec rode at the 91 tdf, it's got Scott drop in bars, which the previous owner added to give the bike the lemond effect! Like you say, the bike is hm tubing and simply beautiful! I'm happy to email you the full spec of the bike, I'm pretty sure that apart from the bars, it's completely original.

On another note, your collection of bikes is amazing...totally me and I want all of them...good work!

Re: Greg Lemond & his TVT's

stringfellow1946":2fdvc80e said:
Mark a real stunning bike & great to see with all the Mavic gear that Lemond used in 1989 when riding for the ADR team. A couple of minor points as far as I recall the original TVT bikes that the Pros used in those days were the HM Model which was quite a bit stiffer then the standard HR version which this one is. I’m not sure if Lemond was using the HM model in 1989 be he definitely was in 1990. The HM is easily spotted by the TVT engraved on the seat & top head tube lugs, also has HM in the log on the top tube. Much more important you also have the brakes the wrong way around (they should be back brake on the R/H lever, front on the L/H).

I’m in the process of building up a Team Z Peugeot 1990 TVT bike it wont be an 100% exact replica as I can’t source a genuine Scott stem & drop in bars at the moment. I’m also finding it difficult to find out exactly what components the team used i.e. Rims Saddle etc any ideas? I also have a Low pro version of the TVT as well.

In 1990 the Z Team used Campag Sigma rims and San Marco saddles including the Regal, Rolls and Concor. Hope that helps!

what happend to that group set ? i think gan used them. i sure would love to read up on mavic . did they merge? that chainset is quit a large volume is it heavy? links any one

Lemond Fan":73lnq8ji said:
I know where there is a set but not cheap, I paid £150 for my 2 tyres. Sometimes they turn up on ebay alot cheaper

I recently picked up a good condition pair of these on fleabay for £20:

IMAG0516.jpg

So just keep your eyes open.

oonaff":lsu14ufu said:
what happend to that group set ? i think gan used them. i sure would love to read up on mavic . did they merge? that chainset is quit a large volume is it heavy? links any one

Those chain sets were great not too heavy, some people changed the chain wheel bolts to steel as they were prone to shearing. Had a good read of this thread, love the TVT's never could afford one when I was racing, and that rear mech why didn't I have one when I was racing it looks so good I might have to source one!

Re:

I'm in the process of building a TVT with the mavic groupset . The rear gear mech seems to sit forward , does this mean that the chain will be short ? Can anyone tell me how many links the chain should have ?

Back