Windows Phone Aggressive Marketing

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
This really could be a game changer for Microsoft.

I would never have believed anyone who told be hardware would be key twenty years ago.

That is why I am a pauper.

:)

Game changer? Sounds more like a recipe for disaster ... which is a good thing.
I can't wait for those ads with the stupid Live Tiles to disappear. You'd expect that kind of UI in the 1970s.

Raging_Bulls":u770qp9h said:
Game changer? Sounds more like a recipe for disaster ... which is a good thing.
I can't wait for those ads with the stupid Live Tiles to disappear. You'd expect that kind of UI in the 1970s.

Have you actually used a WP8 handset? I really like the OS.

I realise that it's not to everyone's taste, but then neither is iOS or Android. Personally I think it's nice to see an OS which is so totally different, and I find it infinitely nicer to use than Android, although still not quite as polished as iOS.

It's well documented that there are nowhere near as many apps available for WP8, but all of the apps which I use/need are there, so I'm happy :D

I think the whole ' x has more apps than y ' is a load of cock anyway, I was an early adopter of android and never felt it lacked anything in the early days except perhaps a few top line games. The day to day functionality wasn't a problem at all, its just more sales BS.

I think the whole ' x has more apps than y ' is a load of cock anyway, I was an early adopter of android and never felt it lacked anything in the early days except perhaps a few top line games. The day to day functionality wasn't a problem at all, its just more sales BS.

i like the tiles thing - thats why my android is skinned ot look like a windows phone but with all the benefits a android phone

mattbrown":15itxhpe said:
i like the tiles thing - thats why my android is skinned ot look like a windows phone but with all the benefits a android phone
Sounds interesting how did you do that ?

I quite like the live tiles and is similar to an uncluttered Andorid widget. Windows has actually had them in some form or another since way back when (web apps/pages on the desktop) then widgets I mean Gadgets but rarely used of course.

Also there is quite a difference in use from Gingerbread (android v2.3) a simple make the phone work and do stuff used by the majority of phones and devices now and the newer JellyBean devices (Android v4.1, or multiuser version 4.2) it's much slicker and refined in use.

What Apple does right with iOS is keep the device updated with the newer versions as far as they can, made much easier by only having the one hardware configuration.

Back