Modern 10 speed wanted + other bits wheels

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Building a disc cross bike up from very little so need quite a bit :?

10 speed groupset everything needed so starting with what shifters I can get then go from there matching the rest liking SRAM rival or 105 ?

Cross or compact chainset 172.5mm

700c 135mm spaced disc wheels consider 29er wheelset

shallow short reach bars

Avid bb5 or bb7 disc calipers + rotors

Just about a complete bike really :LOL: :LOL:

actually after thinking about it, if you're going to use drop bar levers then you should look for BB5s, which I'm pretty sure are designed for drop bar cable pull - the BB7s need V-brake cable pull, so wouldn't work too well with road STI levers.

Except that bb7 are specific for road and mtb . Different cable pull .

Road version are silver .

I am also building a disc road bike and for new bb7 , the cheapest place is
An omline shop in germany called bike components .

I got some cheapish on ebay usa .

Same for the wheels , using mtb hubs and road rims .

What frame have you got ? And forks ?

hmmmm I was looking at the bb range on chain reaction and noticed there is a road range makes sense and glad you picked me up on it.

Building a Colnago world cup :D

And bb5 are rubbish compared to bb7 .

There was a guy selling a complete cyclox groupset including wheels on stw for £300 , but that was a bargain so probably gone .

cchris2lou":1kw3htnl said:

There was a guy selling a complete cyclox groupset including wheels on stw for £300 , but that was a bargain so probably gone .

I did email but got no reply I guessed snapped up , shame would of sorted everything out!

I didn't know there were road and MTB version of the BB7. mine is definitely the MTB version so no use to you.

good luck finding what you need!

foz":3kbppv5n said:
I didn't know there were road and MTB version of the BB7. mine is definitely the MTB version so no use to you.

good luck finding what you need!

Thank you for your input and help :D

daj":xgbupu87 said:
cchris2lou":xgbupu87 said:

I did email but got no reply I guessed snapped up , shame would of sorted everything out!

Did you see the carbon planet x disc wheels ?

Back