Attachments

• Imagen_055.jpg
    Imagen_055.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 2,120
  • segobriga_2008_058.JPG
    segobriga_2008_058.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 2,120
kingroon":1lgid6bc said:
GREAT job on the forks, they look fantastic..

I've got a coupla spare Yo Eddy Head & Bones stickers; if you fancy them for the fork legs, lemme know.. Gratis of course..

What stem/post combo you hitting?

Thanks for that, I will PM you with postal details- Retro Karma payment sent!!

Stem and post will be standard Yo fare- Zooka and Moby in Turk. Bill has a post for me and there is a stem on the bay. Just saving up my pennies to get the wheels off Konamad but got two other builds in progress to pay for too.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, especially regarding the forks which I'm pleased with.
Paint was acrylic 2 pack, custom tinted Kawasaki green (a little yellow and white added) and the blue is a mid 90's Skoda colour. No laquer was used and the finish you see was straight out of the gun- will polish them later in the week when i get time.
They were painted outside and without an oven. The secret is special smart thinners, a slow vapour release or retarder thinner. Problem with this thinner though is that the paint can sag or run easily and needs a light touch. On the positive side- The thinner prevents the paint from drying as quickly and prevents dry edges between the seperate colours.
I started by painting the crown and bridge green and then added a few drops of blue (adding more thinner and hardener each time) and worked down the fork in 5 inch bands, overlapping each time. This had to be done quickly, colour changovers were a race against time and idealy I would have used 2 or more guns but I am a lazy sod when it comes to cleaning them out afterwards, I had the paint mix going on in one hand and a hair dryer in the other, keeping the forks warm as it was a little cold. I did 5 seperate tints, each overlapping before cleaning out the gun and putting the 100% pure blue in for the bottom few inches.
It was a faff but it only took about 20 minutes in total- well worth the effort.
S

awesome...
weird cause i just got back from riding my wicked and i was thinking all the time: i need to get me a yo in SM. after thinking this over for quite some time i realized SM it's my size but i also know it's hard to catch size.
next i open firefox and see this.
omen? :D

excellent.

I can't stand it any longer, I've got to say some thing!! :shock:

I don't like Fats! :evil: :?

But that is SO cool. :cool: Beautiful job you've done on those forks.

I have to say though, if it was mine, I'd build it up with some nice simple silver (and maybe just a splash of black). That frame needs to work alone.....more colour would just be wrong.

Stunning mate, you must be chuffed. :D

cherrybomb":1xatk2pf said:
I can't stand it any longer, I've got to say some thing!! :shock:

I don't like Fats! :evil: :?

But that is SO cool. :cool:

we can form a gang, fats have always left me cold. this looks ace though.

Dr S., sounds like you know what you're doing mate :cool:

Hard graft but well worth it as you say.. I'm dead impressed.. How much of that Kawa Green have you got left? Fancy a commission? ;)

Back