Your retro plans for 2013

gregs656

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
So then folks, what are your goals for this year?

Now I have the bike in 'riding' condition, I'd obviously like to ride it quite a bit more this year than I had the opportunity to last. I'd also like to get the weight down a bit, and get the group set a bit more consistent (and lighter).

The former is much more important than the latter, I reckon.

If I finish uni in time I might start doing the local time trial.

Must get fitter - commuting on a bike to work helps fend off the worst effects of nasty progressive rheumatoid Arthritis. Its like cycling through thick mud while being overtaken by 80yr olds with panniers!

Additionally working on a lovely Holdsworth Cyclone Deluxe which I'm looking forward to finishing. I may need some guidance from people here on this one!

I'm going to build a new bike! It's just a winter job in 531 to save the 853 custom from the worst of the weather. That said, I can see it becoming my retro ride and me selling the 853. I may then be looking for something in titanium or, dare I say it, plastic!

Build thread soon!

without doubt it's to source & purchase something that should be a wall hanger but will 100% be ridden regularly.

thinking Colnago with arabesque lugs and all the bells & whistles or sean kelly inspired Vitus with correct components for a TDF bike.

Going to attempt to buy full bike that needs little or no work as i've got 3 of 2012's projects to finish!

my aim this year to go further want to try skegness there and back hopefully will be able to do that by summer :)

No real plans as yet.. except I intend to ride the bike every day for 365 days.. Rain or shine whether it be commute, club spin, sportive or blood and thunder club race nights... !

I am also aiming for a 165 mile ride from Galway to Kilmacrennan . It isnt an organised run just me and the 1983 Vitus. I am leaving this to Aug/Sept time and I am going to do it in 1 day .. Am I mad ? :shock:

I done a number of sportives last year and used teh Vitus 979.. loads of positive comments...!

1.try to remember not to flick my feet out of clipless pedals when I'm actually riding with toe clips :?
2. make sure I've changed ALL not SOME of the foreign bought bikes to RH lever=front brake! :shock:

Good to see a few people have big plans, good luck :cool:

I picked up a Planet X carbon fork, it needs a bit of work as it has been damaged on the steerer tube. Luckily my bike is so small that I should be able to cut off much if not all of the damaged area and reinforce the remaining section.

That is the start of making my plans into a reality anyway. Much more sourcing left to do yet though.

Back