Checker Pig

Wytze

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I bought this Checker Pig from a former colleague at the bikeshop. It has a disk brake adapter with Hope C2 (putting the calliper to far off; see the wear on the disc), with Ritchey eccentric rims on Hope 5 bolt hubs.
The colour is really nice, irl it is more purple then the photos show.
The whole drivetrain has been changed to deore and LX, but I do have the original set of 9.0sl, as I bought the set from him when he changed it to 9 speed :)
I guess it is from around 1999 going by the original forks. It did came with decals on top of the paint bitd, but the former owner removed them.
The frame and fork are a nice base; Frame is not too heavy, good functional fork and a real nice colour together. So I am going to 'retrobike' this. Just have to find a good 'theme'.

Anybody recognizes the type and year of this Checker Pig?

Attachments

• IMG_6483 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6483 (Medium).JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_6481 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6481 (Medium).JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 808
  • IMG_6480 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6480 (Medium).JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_6476 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6476 (Medium).JPG
    151.8 KB · Views: 809
Changed the oil of the Rond Magura Quake 75. What a difference! Just look at that dirty oil that came out

Attachments

• IMG_6488 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6488 (Medium).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 737
Not much to find on the web on checker pig. Here's a bit of history on their site: history (translated with google)

anyway, it's german, so thought to do a complete german(ish) setup. Thinking: Magura, Roox, Dt Hugi, etc

Still doubting whether I will put some decals on the frame, or just leave it as is; it's a nice colour.

Back