gm's 30 days of gt

I love it! GM had a huge collection of GT's, some of which are very rare. They are one of the most popular bikes on here and it's great to see a whole range of catalogue correct bikes you just wouldn't see anywhere else.

GM is taking the time to photograph and describe a whole range of bikes and put up info we might never know anywhere else.

Rather than posting snide comments, why not do it yourself? Or if you haven't got a full range of your particular favourite brand, why not get together with others and share your knowledge with everyone else?

Very much enjoying it & would love to see other peoples collections of bikes in a similar thread.

Maybe some of the above posters?

Regarding 1990 Team Avalanche.

I wonder if anybody knows the differences between the 1990 Team Avalanche and the 1990 Avalanche . Frame differences are what I am interested in. They both seem to sport Prestige concept in the main tubes anyway. Maybe GMXXXXXX will showcase the regular 1990 Avalanche so I can see if it has the same 19mm tapered stays?

I wonder ..not particular gm's..but anyone's would hold some ones attention for 30 days?

If it were to happen again then possibly someone could take ownership and do say a 7 days of marin..it really doesn't need to be a bike a day

Like gm's it would be a great resource pool but peoples attention span I feel isn't 30 days

Rod_Saetan":s2fzzlev said:
bushpig":s2fzzlev said:
I volunteer to do the 30 bikes of Marin next.

I really hope you mean the County, rather than the brand cynically named after it.

I think he was making fun of the thread by comparing gt to marin which in his eyes are equally boring brands.

Maybe i'm wrong! 30 days of the bikes of Marin sounds good.

I meant the bikes of Marin (inc. Ritchey which is kind of a stretch). I am thinking Cunningham, Potts, Ritchey

I have to admit, after seeing the first couple of posts in the thread, I was quite surprised that GT mountain bikes had so much nostalgia. I only became aware of them around 1990ish. I knew they were a BMX brand but just thought their MTB range was a jump on the bandwagon.

bushpig":p8nt0gnt said:
I meant the bikes of Marin (inc. Ritchey which is kind of a stretch). I am thinking Cunningham, Potts, Ritchey

That would be interesting, particularly in terms of mapping developments over time.

Back