Honc 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been up town one machine wouldn't accept my card so tried my actual bank machine it read the card but said I have spent over £200 today :shock: mini statement is not upto date yet :twisted: not happy

Winchcombe cycling club wrote

Current situation we have asked 'Entry Central' to suspend entries until we can establish how many people have entered and we will then depending on places remaining (if there are any) device a system to allocate any remaining.
This time last year all 1200 places were taken in 40 minutes. this year only 300 places were handled in the first hour.
This is a quote from 'Entry Central' an email extract received a short while ago...
"I suggest you protect your reputation and pull further entries, when you confirm I will close the event. The server allows 10k concurent connections and is not able to handle the demand for your 1200 places.

All payments will be honoured, nobody will be overcharged. Some shoppers will have shadows on their accounts, but the collection will not be made against these authorisations"

Clearly the site was receiving over ten thousand requests causing a total melt down of the 'Entry Central' server.
We will review the current situation and provide further updates within the next hour.
Thank you for your patience and we will do our utmost to resolve this as fast as we possibly can this end.

Winchcombe Cycling Club
9 minutes ago
It appears now that we have suspended 'Entry Central' the system is starting to confirm entries by email.
Entry Central have said, anyone who feels they have paid more than once will only be charged one entry fee and all other payments will be suspended.
We are currently seeing what places are still available and looking into the information we have for people who tried and were frustrated by the 'EC' system.

Brill, thanks.

I've only been charged twice but I do at least have a confirmed entry out of it. Some real horror stories coming out!

Bye bye Entry Central.

I find it quite hard to believe that at any one time there were 10000+ people trying to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back