Booby traps at Dovestone reservoir

There was a place suitable for MTB riding around Plymouth where the ramblers were doing this 10 years ago. All the riders had to go up the hills to check for traps first.

greenstiles":3hxp3q2x said:
could just be anti bike adults.

You know what, it probably is.
Sometimes happens round here on the more put of the way trails.

That is truly disgusting, something like that can and will kill someone, and in theory if someone were to be killed because of a trap, it would be pre-meditated murder would it not?

I saw i vid someone posted not long ago where a lad was taken off by someone having tied blue nylon rope between two trees on a popular descent, showed his riding jacket afterwards and it had cut into it a little bit and bruised his chest, very lucky!

People who do things like that was locking up!

To light the old debate again, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was cantankerous old ramblers. Over the years I've had loads of shit from them, and how angry they get is quite alarming. This is on the South Downs Way by the way, where you can legally drive your car or motorbike but where you may cause huge offence simply by saying " Excuse me" before bimbling past them. I've witnessed a few things they've done, such as rolling enormous logs into the middle of trails to, most alarmingly, stringing brambles at neck height across trails, which my mate Greg can attest to. These have all been far to far away from civilisation to be kids cocking around, and wouldn't be horse riders as they would hurt their furry friends. Whoever it is needs stringing up by their bollocks.

To light the old debate again, I really wouldn't be surprised if this was cantankerous old ramblers. Over the years I've had loads of shit from them, and how angry they get is quite alarming. This is on the South Downs Way by the way, where you can legally drive your car or motorbike but where you may cause huge offence simply by saying " Excuse me" before bimbling past them. I've witnessed a few things they've done, such as rolling enormous logs into the middle of trails to, most alarmingly, stringing brambles at neck height across trails, which my mate Greg can attest to. These have all been far to far away from civilisation to be kids cocking around, and wouldn't be horse riders as they would hurt their furry friends. Whoever it is needs stringing up by their bollocks.

Back