Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 1992 55cm in Team Telekom colours

Ajsmtb

Retro Newbie
For sale

1992 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra SLX, in Team Telekom colours. 55cm seat tube / 55cm top tube, Columbus SLX tubing. Paint is mostly pretty good, couple of chips here and there, and some tyre rub inside the nearside chain stay thanks to a broken spoke 5 miles from end of a race.
headset Campag 1992, Record I think, with aluminium lock nuts.
Bottom bracket - recent Campag Veloce sealed cartridge unit.
Chainset 1988 Campag Croce D'Aune, 40t and 52t TA chainring (chainrings good, a few scuffs on cranks toestraps back in the day)
Cassette 13t - 23t Campag 8 speed (ExaDrive?)
Wheels 1995 Campag Athena hubs on mavic rims, with Michelin tyres (purple more or less matching frame colour).
Front mech 1988 Campag Croce D'Aune or possibly Chorus
Rear mech - 1995 Campag Athena
Shifters - 1995 Campag Athena Ergopower
Brakes - 1995 Campag Athena
Seat post 1985 Campag Super Record (the single bolt type)
Saddle - Selle Italia F lite (some scuffs)
Cinelli Eubios bars and Cinelli stem

All the Athena bits on this are in very good condition, as I stopped road racing pretty much at the time i bought that. Some of the earlier CDA or Record stuff is more used, but all still works fine. the only niggle is a rattle from the left hand Ergopower shifter, looks tlike the brake lever rattles a bit against the shift lever. This doesn't seem to affect it's operation at all.

Located in south west, Somerset / Wiltshire border, can deliver up to bath / Bristol area or down to Bournemouth / Southampton.

I've seen people asking huge amounts for these frames on their own, so I think £1200 for a complete bike is probably fair.

(update following feedback, £800 anyone?)

Note the pump, bottle cages and computer mount shown in the pics are not included in the sale.

2012-12-27150002-1_zps348f357a.jpg

More pics at http://s1295.photobucket.com/albums/b636/Ajsmtb

Wonderful bike mate, hope you get a good buyer!
just a quick 10 cents, people do ask daft prices on the bay...Merckx Corsa SLX frames usually go £350-450, so add 250 - 300 for a SH Athena group and wheels, so maybe you price is a tad optimistic? best of luck anyhow :)

Price drop!

Update following feedback, £800 anyone? Ever the optimist me, and i've got a 29er habit to fund!

bikenut2010":2hz0vh87 said:
just a quick 10 cents, people do ask daft prices on the bay...Merckx Corsa SLX frames usually go £350-450, so add 250 - 300 for a SH Athena group and wheels, so maybe you price is a tad optimistic? best of luck anyhow :)

Bikenut2010 and matthew71 are spot on here....lovely bike but your price is overly optimistic added to a difficult time of year to sell a complete bike.....£750 is the maximum......with....£600 the minimum.....so median point being £675.....perhaps £700 posted.....either way good luck with the sale as it is a quality machine. :D

sawston_vulcan":3th9cf5o said:
bikenut2010":3th9cf5o said:

Bikenut2010 and matthew71 are spot on here....lovely bike but your price is overly optimistic added to a difficult time of year to sell a complete bike.....£750 is the maximum......with....£600 the minimum.....so median point being £675.....perhaps £700 posted.....either way good luck with the sale as it is a quality machine. :D

yep real world rules apply...I just let go a NEW Rossin with uber light neuron tubing and NEW Mavic ssc group set for 550, listed at 695 but not a murmur ...

Woodsman":24lowy3i said:
What height are you please?

I'm an mtb'er so road sizing just confuses me! :)

I think size 55 is for riders ideally 5'9 - 5'11, but 5'8 ok ( my size, I ride 54 and 55 )

Sounds like the top end of my sizing - possibly! I'm 5'8'' on a very good day. Probably nearer 5'7 than 5'8 but I do prefer longer top tubes and opt for a medium in an mtb to get that.

[ponders]

Back