1997 Kona Hot

Is this some new form of photographic art? The sublime and the ridiculous style, whereby you place the object against something f'ugly so that the contrast accentuates its beauty? Or is it the 'first and last time' style, as in this is the first and the last time my wife will ever allow my bike in her kitchen? I look forward to seeing further snaps of it in all its glory where it deserves to be, out on a picturesque trail somewhere!

It looks almost as if the colour of the rear of the bike was designed specifically for the Z2 BAMs, which could well be the case I guess. I hadn't noticed before that there's a white letters variety - mine (below) has black and blue letters, which would pick up even more colours from the Hot! I still haven't made up my mind whether to use it with the relatively humble frame below - i.e., are the two shades of red a close enough match? Not quite as close as yours methinks.

Attachments

• Explosif frame w Z2s S.jpg
    Explosif frame w Z2s S.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 5,025
Anthony":dz6njsiq said:
I hadn't noticed before that there's a white letters variety - mine (below) has black and blue letters, which would pick up even more colours from the Hot!

The lettering colours and other minor variations (lines, position of Marzocchi etc) are due to the different model year of the two forks.

For the record Mousemat's are latter MY98s and yours are MY99. Apart from the decals (and some slight paint colour variation) they are identical though and its quite possible that they were manufactured within months of each other.

In the MY98 run there was a technical change when the lowers were altered from the previous formula disc mount (the same as on the original Z1, but on one side only and optional) to the IS mount.

Hot is a good name for that bike... fantastic build, feeding my need for a Hot, damn you!

Probably my favourite bike on here :D but I am slightly biased when it comes to a nice Kona ;)

The Syncros stem looks o.k on this :) but for some reason I can't stand the look of them when I've tried them on my bikes :? they always look too big and clumsy looking for some reason :?

Identity Theft!

How long have you had that "Kona" avatar, matey?
You'll be causing some confusion around these here parts.

I'm not sure this message board is big enough for the 2 of us.
You're just lucky I'm not feeling a bit sensitive about the whole issue.

(Brandishes Kona handbag in a disgruntled manner ;))

PS: Nice "Hot"

Re: Identity Theft!

DM":3oa6f3b1 said:
How long have you had that "Kona" avatar, matey?
You'll be causing some confusion around these here parts.

I'm not sure this message board is big enough for the 2 of us.
You're just lucky I'm not feeling a bit sensitive about the whole issue.

(Brandishes Kona handbag in a disgruntled manner ;))

PS: Nice "Hot"

Doh! :oops:

Step away from the Kona handbag, there's nothing to see here!

This forum is big enough for the both of us! :LOL:

Re: Identity Theft!

mousemat":hcmb0zx0 said:
Doh! :oops:

Step away from the Kona handbag, there's nothing to see here!

This forum is big enough for the both of us! :LOL:

Really, if you prefer the "Thumb" logo, you're welcome to it.
I have a nice Humu pic floating around that I could use.

[Kona "hugs" smiley]

Back