Show us what you did today, thread

I unwrapped this after it eventually arrived,

DSC00368_zpsf3c617c7.jpg

It was "packed" like this

DSC00366_zpsd7238e42.jpg

DSC00367_zps4783a4dd.jpg

BB sticking out, seat-post clamp exposed, nothing at all to protect mech hanger or to stop rear dropouts from being bent together, headset hanging loose on cable tie inside. Frame wrapped in single layer of bubble wrap with el cheapo bin bag taped on top.

What kind of tube thinks that's adequate?
Seller on eBay, not on here as far as I know.
Plus the shock is leaking oil and rear bush on shock fecked, both described as "rear Fox shock and complete Marin headset, in very good condition, with no dings or dents with all pivots, linkages working as they should".

Luckily I'll be changing shock anyway for an air shock not a heavy coil but still annoyed at misrepresentation of frame. Almost feel like starting a "not as described" dispute.

Edit to reflect me calming down and upgrading the character of seller (he's jist a tube noo). Seller has responded with an apology and possible part refund may be obtainable if I can get him to say yes instead of dispute on eBay and -ve feedback.

That's Pish :x , trouble is when you are dealing with people that describe stuff as serviceable when they have no idea how to check if it is of not.

Had the same problem with a set of Shivers i bought a while ago, forks were leaking, complained to the seller, he said that leaks are normal for upsidedown forks, would it have been "normal" for oil to pish out when they were new and costing £900 :roll:, i think not.

Luckily he refunded £50 to cover the cost of oil and seals.

jimihendrix,

The oil that's leaking out of shock is visible on shock and was on bubble-wrap, if you try to move the rear arm you can feel and hear the movement in worn bush, both faults that are obviously not compatible with being "in very good condition".
Will contact seller letting him know I'm not happy with paying for packing and getting a bin bag and 2 obvious faults with condition of components.
See what he says and if he is willing to protect his 100% +ve feedback.

nice wheels, what's the GT build SS&S?

old_coyote_pedaller":13hdxr3r said:
It was "packed" like this

................Almost feel like starting a "not as described" dispute.

I'm not surprised, that's despicable...

what I'd give right now for a holiday

Ashamed indeed. So much so that I won't even mention the bright, clear days, the quality of the fresh snow, or the copious amounts of cheese, wine and beer consumed. No siree, you'll not hear me mention how good any of them were...

Back