Sid Mottram 1950/60

Such a classy, elegant British-made bicycle you have there. I'm eagerly awaiting it's completion and it's maiden voyage - cracking stuff! :cool:

Midlife":3l9fx4eh said:
Just out of curiosity is that a Super record chainset?

Shaun

No, it's not, it's Record Strada, 165, without date code so pre 73, but small chainring has Brev. instead of Patent so is a later addition and bolts are Sugino. Slowly I'm going to replace everything with proper parts.
Everything, except of brakes which are Universal 61, is Record

Such a classy, elegant British-made bicycle you have there. I'm eagerly awaiting it's completion and it's maiden voyage - cracking stuff! Cool

I can't wait too! :)

Piotr

hmmm... just checked it and educated myself, chainrings are indeed SR. I didn't know it, thanks for pointing it out.

.........such a fabulous looking bike I thought it deserved a more period outer chainring :D

Shaun

I might be interested... I need 52-53 chainring 144 with patent stamped, smaller 42-45 patent as well and patent chainring bolts. Maybe it would be better just to buy whole crankset... this one makes me a lot of problems anyway.

I didn't manage to achieve all things planned for this week, but the next step is done. I covered the handlebar with hand made DIY leather 'Almarc'-like cover. It took me many hours... And effects? Hmm... satisfying. The colour could be closer to the bike colour, but anyway, good enough for me.

main.php
main.php

I'll post a thread with tutorial how it has been done, maybe someone will have a use of my experience. (UPDATE) HERE I posted a thread about it.

This the source of the idea

For now all pictures here

New period crankset fitted, handlebar with leather cover on proper place, looking really nice, much better than pictures, good work :cool:. Hoods refurbished. Rear brake working, front still waiting for drilling the stem. I feel like going to do something really wrong..., I had the same feeling when I had to re-tap French Stronglight cranks to accept British pedals... Bad news are that the saddle (not that on the pictures - this one is borrowed from my other bike) despite really tough fight is giving up, I'm not sure if I can rescue it. The leather at the front, where crack appeared is tearing almost like paper, but I will try to do what I can. I ordered bigger rivets, maybe that will help.

A few more pictures:
main.php

main.php

main.php

Back