Fergie must to Rofling at this

technodup":1n3vky33 said:
I like Mancini but don't like the club. I'm no Man U fan either but when it comes to all the qualities a manager requires Fergie has them.

Every person with some wee grudge is just bitter that he doesn't manage their own team, and that their manager (or more likely 10 managers) don't/didn't have the attributes he has. Of course it doesn't help that he's Scottish and there's a paucity of quality English manages around. one in the PL top 10?

He actually reminds me of someone I work closely with. Love them or hate them (and many do) they have drive, confidence, determination more than any particular skill. And it all boils down to drive, skills can be learned. How many of the current PL managers will be still going strong, top of the league at 71?

He's unique in the PL and probably football generally. I just wish he'd come and managed Rangers. Maybe in his 80s, he'll still be better than Super Ally.

Long live Fergie time. :p

We have a tumble dryer that produces less hot air than you.

Rangers would be lucky to get the Krankies to manage them!!

Up the Teddy bears.

al. :LOL:

I have been following Alex since Aberdeen days. Living in Shetland, our nearest team was Aberdeen.

34 years later I and still in awe of his consistency.

Whatever challenges arise, he just floats above them.

Well said.

as a person fergie is a bully, a whinger and able to have the shortest memory possible when it comes to the respect campaign

A sweeping statement....
One of the greatest managers of the modern era no question....also has nurtured many UK players as well.
No player however much they get paid walks over him either....

J

al":cqht06mw said:
highlandsflyer":cqht06mw said:
swannymere":cqht06mw said:
highlandsflyer":cqht06mw said:
Football is in such a bad state thanks to those who hang on to the old ways of hate and the parochialism that feeds it.

So you've come round to our way of thinking? That sentence is fergie down to a tee. ;)

Our?

There is that group mentality thing.

The man has been an outstanding campaigner to get hooliganism out of the game, both in the stands and on the pitch. With equal measure he has moved against sectarianism in his life as a player, manager and person.

It gets better!! :roll:

Remember Alfie Haaland and the disgraceful way that old bacon face closed ranks to protect that scum hooligan keane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

You may have a short memory when it comes to the rags, but I don't.

al.

Well done for the retro myth dredging Al. That story is as old as your motors, but unlike your lovely motors it does not run true.

Besides, was it Fergie out there playing that game? Would you expect a manager to do anything but defend their player publicly?

Except when that player is a certain Mohican wearing striker who has his manager as his bitch of course.

:)

highlandsflyer":3bd7tdwq said:
I have been following Alex since Aberdeen days. Living in Shetland, our nearest team was Aberdeen.

I just so happened ending up in Manchester for a few years and was able to attend matches.

I have admired many players and managers over the years, the way Mancini dealt with last season was humorous and ultimately impressive.

Roy Keane takes no shite and I hope he gets back into management.

Neil Lennon, Martin O'Neill, Alex McLeish, Davey Moyes.

All good men, as are the Special One and the likes of Gianluca Vialli.

To truly appreciate the game you need to set aside allegiances for at least a moment.

You are talking to a Manc' and a Blue that followed his team home and away for many years and through all of the 80's. And you think that to appreciate the game of footy I have to admire what Bacon face and the rags have done?

I wish them only bad.

al. :D

highlandsflyer":tusszxdl said:
al":tusszxdl said:
swannymere":tusszxdl said:
Football is in such a bad state thanks to those who hang on to the old ways of hate and the parochialism that feeds it.

So you've come round to our way of thinking? That sentence is fergie down to a tee. ;)

Our?

There is that group mentality thing.

The man has been an outstanding campaigner to get hooliganism out of the game, both in the stands and on the pitch. With equal measure he has moved against sectarianism in his life as a player, manager and person.

It gets better!! :roll:

Remember Alfie Haaland and the disgraceful way that old bacon face closed ranks to protect that scum hooligan keane?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

You may have a short memory when it comes to the rags, but I don't.

al.

Well done for the retro myth dredging Al. That story is as old as your motors, but unlike your lovely motors it does not run true.

Besides, was it Fergie out there playing that game? Would you expect a manager to do anything but defend their player publicly?

Except when that player is a certain Mohican wearing striker who has his manager as his bitch of course.

Defend a player that ended another mans career on the field of play?

al.

It didn't happen.

Like I said, the manager has a job to do, and it is not to castigate his own player when the FA have only handed out a small fine and ban.

If you were so Blue through and through why did you abandon them for the sunny south?

al":33vb20bf said:
highlandsflyer":33vb20bf said:

I just so happened ending up in Manchester for a few years and was able to attend matches.

I have admired many players and managers over the years, the way Mancini dealt with last season was humorous and ultimately impressive.

Roy Keane takes no shite and I hope he gets back into management.

To truly appreciate the game you need to set aside allegiances for at least a moment.

You are talking to a Manc' and a Blue that followed his team home and away for many years and through all of the 80's. And you think that to appreciate the game of footy I have to admire what Bacon face and the rags have done?

I wish them only bad.

al. :D

Oh yeah, and while I am here.

The shallowness of that argument would have been demonstrated if Fergie had ever considered and made a move to City.

The nature of modern football, hero to villain to hero and back all on the twist of a dime.

highlandsflyer":lkk86gqy said:
The man has been an outstanding campaigner to get hooliganism out of the game, both in the stands and on the pitch.

But not the sidelines. You have to admit his rants at officials are increasing and he is not punishing his team when they gang up on officials. In that respect there is opportunity for improvement

sylus":11qn49mx said:
highlandsflyer":11qn49mx said:
The man has been an outstanding campaigner to get hooliganism out of the game, both in the stands and on the pitch.

But not the sidelines. You have to admit his rants at officials are increasing and he is not punishing his team when they gang up on officials. In that respect there is opportunity for improvement

He is just senile. He has totally forgotten how to lose.

Yes, there is always room for improvement in that regard.

I wish they took a lead from rugby.

al":2i7kcpuu said:
Rangers would be lucky to get the Krankies to manage them!
Despite everything we're still getting higher attendances in the Scottish 3rd Division than all but three teams in the UK (including yours). We'll be back, and we'll still be up there long after the sheiks have got bored of your lot.

highlandsflyer":2i7kcpuu said:

I agree with almost all of that. I take issue with O'Neill, and as for Lennon... there's a special place in hell waiting for that. If only Shearer had done him properly.

Latest posts

Back