Raleigh RSP titanium

My 62cm IMI badged frame is 1650g and same as MJP came with the 1" straight legged forks which were incredibly light, (flogged for a tenner to be replaced with a Mizuno full carbon)
I love it, think the welds are as good if not better than many other supposed 'high end' manufacturers like Merlin, Litespeed et al.
At 16 stone and a decent amount of power I don't have any flex issues and I'd be confident it wont snap like a twig.
I bought mine from a Cat 1 rider (so he said) for £350 as a BIN on ebay about 8 years ago (get in!) came fully equipped with early production 9 speed (non flightdeck) Dura Ace throughout which was a mahoosive bargain..
Still have the frame builders card that came with it.

The later oversized oval down tubed variant was just darn ugly IMO.

Add the one i used to own into the topic
http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N ... 4675787816

Purchased frame and forks from Mark at Sheffield cycles BOT.
A full blown race frame in every way imho.
Very tight at the back.When up down the Gross Klockner in Austria on it. Tounge out on the way up,eyes balls out on the way down.Dual pivots a must.

,http://www.flickr.com/photos/74418119@N00/2406141396/in/set-72157604675787816/

I often wonder why Raleigh went ,when they turned out frames like this.I loved it.

Raleigh titanio

I also had one of these, bought out of the comic , s yorks area, came in a fancy decorative paint job white with various desert and beach scenes , which i duly removed and left the raw finish.. i also am a heavy rider and had no issues, used a reynolds 531 fork in it, not liking the straight bladed steel that came.. rode it for 2 years and sold it to my solicitor, who used it and then gave it to his student son, who has had 4 years on it in a city environ , stolen just before Christmas in south Dublin.. C. plus did a test some years ago and this came out on top for torsional rigidity. mine was the model with the same style as the pictured on here.. .. nice bike , now I have a Merlin..not much difference imo except the cachet.. will

I know it's a long time since this topic was posted, but only just came across it. I'm also the proud owner of one of these fantastic frames. Interestingly, mine has no logos or decals except the standard metal Raleigh badge on the head tube. My frame number is G47126. Will post a pic if anyone interested. If anyone would like more info on the bike let me know.

Back