1987 Yeti F.R.O. Restoration

I managed to score another pair of CBR hubs the other day, so now I have 2.5 sets to work with. The new pair is a bit tattered but salvageable.

Just need to find a nice GT Epoch headset, or an early CK BMX headset pick out some cranks, either Bullseye or old Cook cranks and then get it painted.

you are undoubtedly one of the best at finding rare shit - and paying pennies for it :D

Hats off to you Martin :LOL:

Silverfish":2ercx6hg said:
you are undoubtedly one of the best at finding rare shit - and paying pennies for it :D

Hats off to you Martin :LOL:

I have had a good two years, but not all of it was cheap man... There is one more bike that I haven't revealed as it's not in my hands yet, but I'm paying pretty much market for it. The Manitou and Merlin weren't cheap either, but below market for sure.

Nothing to be ashamed of anyway Martin - I wasn't having a pop - I know how much time you must invest in looking for these so in no way is it luck at all. If you go that extra mile I'm sure bargains are available - I just wish I had more time.

Paying market rate (and above) sucks ass...

Silverfish":1ygwcwpo said:
Nothing to be ashamed of anyway Martin - I wasn't having a pop - I know how much time you must invest in looking for these so in no way is it luck at all. If you go that extra mile I'm sure bargains are available - I just wish I had more time.

Paying market rate (and above) sucks ass...

The US can at times feel like a clearing house for VRC, we Yanks are lucky in that regard. But's it's competitive and hence my personal luck on being in an area that I am. I also have a pretty fancy homebrew search engine for CL which when active allows me to find stuff a bit faster than some others. That helps for sure =)

I'm trying to think what my best scores were, and I think it was a minty Backfire Attitude for $300, followed by my Gator Adroit for $600, and I guess this FRO at $305. There have been others, but few like that.

another great project!!
and that CBR stuff is sooo cool... especially the handlebar!

Restoration is finally complete, here a quick sneak peak at the finished product...

10347508_462584233877277_4234651555379145197_n.jpg

Back