100 Biscuits

Although I think that home made is best, biscuits are the only exception to me that proves the rule. I don't like home made biscuits, but will you be including them as a variety?

Alison

A worthy challenge, and one that I would take up and rise to myself if it were not for the fun police that I now have to report to on a daily basis... love you wife ;) however your choice to swig down the evil roasted bean drink over the natural and dare I say it, traditional gentleman a choice... a proper brew of tea, is my only concern

Have a look at nicecupofteaandasitdown.com if you need some inspiration

By the way, if you come across ToffeePops along your travels, let me know!
They are/were from the same stable as Jammie Dodgers, featured a biscuit base, soft toffee filling and chocolate topping.

They have been conspicuously absent from shops for many years now :(

I salute you in your endeavour, and raise my mug with Ginger Crunch Cream floaty bits in it to you

G

Isaac_AG":3c16257s said:
Although I think that home made is best, biscuits are the only exception to me that proves the rule. I don't like home made biscuits, but will you be including them as a variety?

Alison

I'm definitely happy to include home made biscuits in the challenge and I'm hoping some people better at baking than me will be inspired by my challenge to make me some :) Classification might be difficult, but I'll cross that delicious bridge when I come to it.

unkleGsif":3c16257s said:
A worthy challenge, and one that I would take up and rise to myself if it were not for the fun police that I now have to report to on a daily basis... love you wife Wink however your choice to swig down the evil roasted bean drink over the natural and dare I say it, traditional gentleman a choice... a proper brew of tea, is my only concern

Have a look at nicecupofteaandasitdown.com if you need some inspiration

They are/were from the same stable as Jammie Dodgers, featured a biscuit base, soft toffee filling and chocolate topping.

They have been conspicuously absent from shops for many years now Sad

I salute you in your endeavour, and raise my mug with Ginger Crunch Cream floaty bits in it to you

G

I've looked at that website before and it's fantastic (I've pointed other people in its direction too!) but it's been quite a long time since I last looked, so I'll definitely consult it when I'm lacking inspiration.

Are ToffeePops no longer available? I'm feeling all out of touch with the biscuit world now - I'll try to find them somewhere as a sub-challenge.

As far as tea and coffee goes, I love them both equally and could not live without either (well, I have given up caffeine in the past, so I can, I just have no wish to).

Retro Cat":3c16257s said:
Great idea - I do hope that you'll be partaking in less glamourous biscuits though such as http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =254922614

It might not have fancy graphics and packaging but is a solid and dependable (suitable for children under 2) biscuit.

Thanks, I fully intend to extent to the widest reaches possible for different varieties, even ones that might appear top lack appeal, such as those.

On the plus side, I like how they have two images, to include one with the biscuits out the packet. :)

Short bread/ short cake is neither bread nor cake feeling more like a biscuit and available in biscuit format but does that make it a biscuit, another conundrum :LOL:

I'm a ceoliac and thus cant eat biscuits anymore, this makes me very sad, wheat free biscuits are not any where near as good :cry:

I miss proper custard creams...

unkleGsif":3mh9jdxk said:

Burton's also now make Choccie Dodgers; as the name suggests the biscuit is chocolate and a choc cream filling replaces the usual jam. Had some over Christmas and I definitely give 'em the thumbs-up. :)

David

velomaniac":3a6wv78j said:
I'm a ceoliac and thus cant eat biscuits anymore, this makes me very sad, wheat free biscuits are not any where near as good :cry:

Not at all! Gluten free flour makes the very best shortbread and biscuits with that type of base...

Homemade millionaire shortbread with gluten free flour = melt in the mouth perfection!

Thankfully I'm not ceoliac so can enjoy all sorts of wheaty tasty stuff (which is admittedly practically everything!) but several members of my wider family need a gluten free diet.

unkleGsif":j803kk4j said:

Always a favourite and B&M Bargains do them and sometimes Home Bargains as well but fairly sure our local Sainsbury do them as well.

ajm":tn634hro said:
velomaniac":tn634hro said:

Not at all! Gluten free flour makes the very best shortbread and biscuits with that type of base...

Homemade millionaire shortbread with gluten free flour = melt in the mouth perfection!

Thankfully I'm not ceoliac so can enjoy all sorts of wheaty tasty stuff (which is admittedly practically everything!) but several members of my wider family need a gluten free diet.

I'd agree you can make awesome gluten-free stuff yourself, but for those without the time/ability, shop-sold stuff is nearly all pretty awful (and obscenely priced).

BertR00t":2cy5nexe said:
unkleGsif":2cy5nexe said:

Always a favourite and B&M Bargains do them and sometimes Home Bargains as well but fairly sure our local Sainsbury do them as well.

OOOOOOOOOOH
Excited now! :cool:

G

Back