Dating a Klein

marker

Retro Guru
How do I find out if a Klein is pre-Trek era or not?
The one I am looking at is an Attitude Comp in red with Manitou ti fork
Ta :)

The seller is claiming this is a 1995 pre-Trek bike(I asked him directly)
As it happens the frame is too small for me anyway but I am still an interested party
How sure are you?

100% sure, they changed the colours every year and up to 96 they had the bespoke fat head tubes and stems.

It looks like a "Medium" size... You'd have to be over 6 foot for it to be too small.

lrh":2hj0tf2m said:
Ignore the Klein Nazi's who spend more time arguing about what is or isn't a real Klein than they do actually riding them ;)

You can level the same arguement / statement at Yeti owners... :LOL: and on a slightly different angle Proflex Owners and no doubt many more
If the original owners hadn't sold up/sold out, they probably would have gone bust or been so badly marginalised that they would faded away anyway.

In a perfect world time would stand still and all these highend or niche market manufactorures would continue to be independant ... but it doesn't ! and sadly market forces always come into play.

It'd be boring if we were all the same, besides there's enough room and scope for everyone to follow their own path

regards

Nick

busy waiting for my 93 Durango built (proper Yeti :LOL: ) to come back from the painters ....and in the mean time quite happy riding around on a mass produced Orange X1

LoL I'm keeping an eye on that too marker, at 5'7 the medium is perfect for me :D
Shame a couple of rookies are playing "if I lead the auction a week from finish I'm gonna win it"

Yes it's a nice bike Ozone but will go for too much I think
He has now admitted it is not a pre-trek bike in questions at least
Good luck getting it mate

Back