Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

The Alpha-Bites are good tyres, I have them on my bikes, and they are very light if they are the WCS kevlar ones. Be warned they aren't great as a front tyre (don't know if they are fr/rear specific) but are passable if the run the front tyre with the logo on the LHS.

I'd pay the money for the Smokes if I were you....but the Ritcheys may look better on the Marin....you decide!!

wookiee":3f9sm2k9 said:
I am just trying to build the bike I would have wanted as a 16 year old back in 1991!
That's what it's all about IMO :) I'm thoroughly bored of seeing people parade the lastest addition to their "collection" or "latest build" that only last a few weeks. My Klein is now almost exactly what I'd have bought in 97/98 if I'd blown my entire student loan on a bike!

Definitely worth investing a bit of cash on the paint. Not many of these about so you can be satisfied you've probably got the best in the country. Should last another 22 years with only minor TLC ;)

I'm sure a Smoke will turn up before the summer. I'd just throw some cheapies on for the other 11 months of the year when it's going to end up looking like this!

muddy_team_marin_2_854.jpg

Lrh I get what you are saying! I still have the set of tyres seen in the muddy picture that I will use through the winter months probably, and leave the Smoke/Darts for the Summer months...Alternatively if we have a summer like 2012 then it will be a mud fest all year round!

Still waiting for the Smokes to come back in stock at the German website, just I suffer from "bike build impatience"!

We'll see!

wookiee.

been down to LSN today.

the pink they do is quite lush. about as bright as it comes with a white base. certainly with a good shine and, makes your current colour look red. the best match is with your decals.

i took the 'sample' outside. a dull day bear in mind so even better with a nice spring sunshine on it. rather a hot-pink but, i'd be happy with it. ;) especially when you see the price. (pm for that) ;)

hotpink003.jpg

cheers.

And Marc the original colour was listed as "Neon Magenta" So probably a closer match than fluoro pink anyway! Bonus!

wookiee":39drce4u said:
And Marc the original colour was listed as "Neon Magenta" So probably a closer match than fluoro pink anyway! Bonus!

great!

from memory of seeing the marin pink in the flesh(eldridge and team) it was/is bright but not eye-burningly so. however the orange, yellow and green was from '90-92.

this year at some point i will be having a cro-mega frame pearl white and the forks some other flouro marin~esque colour. green or yellow, maybe red so i don't mind standing as a model for anybody looking for a marin green, red or yellow for their bikes.

i already know the orange is good for it, on these forks.

PICT0043-1.jpg

marc two tone":2kj71y60 said:
wookiee":2kj71y60 said:

great!

from memory of seeing the marin pink in the flesh(eldridge and team) it was/is bright but not eye-burningly so. however the orange, yellow and green was from '90-92.

this year at some point i will be having a cro-mega frame pearl white and the forks some other flouro marin~esque colour. green or yellow, maybe red so i don't mind standing as a model for anybody looking for a marin green, red or yellow for their bikes.

i already know the orange is good for it, on these forks.

The orange looks great and if LSN can pull this off for the price quoted then they will have plenty of business from retrobike!

...Got the new set of decals through from Gil (top service!) Now just need the forks, bars and stem back and we will be nearly there! Just a Re-issue Smoke tyre to find now!

...a little sneak peak at the black M734 brakes and some of the new decals...

Attachments

• sneak peak Team Marin 2.jpg
    sneak peak Team Marin 2.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 777
  • sneak peak Team Marin.jpg
    sneak peak Team Marin.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 777
Back