Kinesis Crosslight Pro 2 .

cchris2lou

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Having gone back to road riding last month on my Peugeot SLX , I want some thing a bit more modern with more gears

I also wanted a cyclocross bikes with discs . I have no intention to race it , but I want to use it for fireroads and commuting .

Afer a bit of searching I found this Kinesis on ebay at a good price , wrong spelling and stupid finishing time .

the plan for the build is :

Frame : Kinesis Crosslight Pro 2
Forks : Kinesis
brakes : avid BB7
shifters : Dura ace 10 speed
rear mech : 105
front mech : ?
stem and bars : Ritchey
wheels : not sure yet , but I have taken appart some wheels I had and going to reuse the hubs , front is DT swiss, back is shimano .
saddle : Flite
seat post : came with frame .
chainset : Sram force carbon

The frame has a 135mm spacing so no issue with mtb hub . It only weights 1700gr with integrated headset . Geometry should be ok on the road as it is a race bike .

the only downside is the lack of bottle cage bosses . I guess zipp ties will have to do .

The forks in the pictures came with the frame but are for sale and will be replaced by a disc forks .

On the road , I will be doing mainly rides under 100km, with a few short hills . as long as the bikes is around 10kg it will be fine . I am overweighted enough that i dont have to worry about the bike weight too much :LOL:

I use BB7 on the mtb , so made sense to use them ( road version ) .

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,358
I have a Bigfoot mtb made in 1993 that has no bottlecage bosses. Rather than have a rare alloy frame drilled, I bought a Tacx seat mount, as used by time trialists.

no drilling .

will worry about that when it comes to it .

finding the bits is a lot more difficult than i thought .

Done :

IMG_00000031_zpsdcac033d.jpg

Back