Sachs New Success groupset SOLD

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've got an almost complete, good condition Sachs New Success groupset up for sale. Prices include postage to the UK. Apologies for the quality of the pics, my camera seems to be on the blink.

The whole group including wheels has now been SOLD for 250 GBP.

Thanks, Andy

1. Ergo levers. Good working condition, the only downside is a large tear (and a couple of smaller ones) in the hoods. It might be fixable, but if not then campag "pointy top" hoods should fit perfectly. Indexing is designed for sachs mechs (and shimano, I think) on shimano 8s cassettes. Will not work with campagnolo 8s as far as I know. Downtube cable adjusters included.

DSCN9983.jpg

DSCN9986.jpg

DSCN9989.jpg

2. Brake calipers. very good condition, no obvious scratches or marks. Some tiny rust spots on the bolts, nothing else. Original pads and holders included (pads still have life left, but might need replacing soon).

DSCN9990.jpg

DSCN9992.jpg

3. Rear mech. Closed-cage type (RD RNS 00). great condition

DSCN0010.jpg

4. Front mech.

DSCN0011.jpg

5. chainset. very nice condition. 172.5mm arms. Campagnolo 53/39 chainrings and bolts included. Original black sachs dustcaps (one has suffered from heel rub and is now black/silver, could be painted?)

DSCN0008.jpg

6. Wheels: Sachs new success hubs with mavic CXP 30 rims. front and rear are both 32s cross-3. Rear 130mm OLN, takes a shimano 8s cassette. Original skewers included (one has lost the rubber O ring from the nit but that should be easy to replace). hubs need a polish to get them sparkling, but both have smooth bearings (sealed, and easy to replace if they do wear out). Both wheels need a few minutes with a spoke key, but I'll get that done before sending if I can.

DSCN9996.jpg

DSCN9998.jpg

DSCN9997.jpg

DSCN9994.jpg

Much as I love Sachs kit I'm going to be on best behaviour here and not get lured in. Even though the brakes are a tempting bargain!
However, if any UK-based buyers do snap up Andy's very nice wheelset, I've a spare New Success/Quarz QR end nut complete with rubber O-ring just cluttering up the spares box. Let me know if you need it and I'll post it on 1st Class, gratis.

David

Thanks for that David! I might have an o ring that fits somewhere anyway.

And you know you want the group :D I'll do the whole lot for 300 GBP posted :LOL:

Andy

Just to help.
In years gone buy I understood, based on C+, that Sachs stuff was set for a Shimano 8 speed index , ie 4.7mm space, Campag being 5mm. I could believe that they would be changed for such minimal sales. Recently I have seen in printor on the web something that agrees with me. I have some Sachs Ergos but without the hood labelling. They are marked as Carbon BB on the front with Sachs on the lever. They are fine with 8 speed Campag but to honest I use a 8 speed Shimano cassette as well and cannot tell the difference.

Re: Sachs New Success groupset

foz said:
I've got an almost complete, good condition Sachs New Success groupset up for sale. Prices include postage to the UK.

Thanks, Andy

Hello Andy,
do you still have any of the groupset?
Regards Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes, I still have everything! Send me a pm if you're interested in any or all of it

Cheers, Andy

Contact

Cheers, Andy[/quote]

Hello Andy,
sorry I can't seem to send a message suddenly!
Hopefully, we will be able to make contact again shortly,
regards Ian

Back