On One Scandal

As much as I love my Surly KM, I agree about the front mech (mine is only 2mm off the tyre when on triple's granny ring)... and that Scandal is looking VERY pretty!! :D

Hi
Great looking build!!! My Scandal frame arrived last week, just looking to pick your brain about fork travel?? 80 or 100mm what are you running and how do you find it???
Can't wait to get mine built!!!!!! :D

Cheers
Cary

Keewee, I've went for 100mm Rock Shox Reba's, got them from bikediscount.de if your looking for a bargain, I've also heard Merlin have a well priced pair as well. Still not running unfortunately, with christamas and the impending arrival of a bairn theres been no need or time to get it finished. In saying that my brakes have just been shipped and they are the final piece of the puzzle. Should be good to go in the next couple of weeks.

Hey Kaiser, cheers for the tip on the RS's ill check them out. Must be that time of year for wee ones!! Our second arrived 14 days ago so my scandal a semi slow build reserved for what little spare time I can scrape together. Looking forward to an updated once u get done to see how it tracks!! Oh and some pics of it covered in the brown stuff!!!

Aye thats the recession fur ye, On Ones and wains ;)

I know, I did float the idea of selling the screaming one so I could buy a steel Niner but her indoors looked like I'd just taken a dump in her handbag :shock: so Shiefields finest it is!!!!!! ;)

After a looong build time (actually quite fair for me) the Scandal is finished :) Test ride tomorow and some better pics I hope. And for those that are interested weight is 25.5lbs.

8519851478_feae62c480_b.jpg

8519849568_8c5eb2e6ba_b.jpg

8519853224_51ae9aa2f1_b.jpg

Back