Tip find 1950's Coventry Eagle identification please

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Kept back for me by 'the management' I have this to show you.

Clearly restored by somebody else, the only original surviving part is the Cyclo downtube shifter.

Anyway, heres some big pics

Attachments

• Coventry Eagle 1.jpg
    Coventry Eagle 1.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 1,100
  • more Eagle.jpg
    more Eagle.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 1,100
Hi, lovely frame, I've always fancied a mid fifties Coventry Eagle, I believe the model is an Exemplar, so it should have straight 531 tubing. Those stays really make a change from the norm. Nice, look after it. Terry

OldTel":14kbe2bp said:
Hi, lovely frame, I've always fancied a mid fifties Coventry Eagle, I believe the model is an Exemplar, so it should have straight 531 tubing. Those stays really make a change from the norm. Nice, look after it. Terry
Really? Cool - I feel some lug lining coming on.

SA 3 speed? 5 spd? Might make it into a posh commuter for the winter. All those bolt on bits make it less susceptible to the yoof.

Re:

Hi I came across your old post whilst looking for info on a frameset I was given by an elderly neighbour. Not sure if you still have your Exemplar but this is what the original paint job on mine looked like. I think this one dates from 1952 or 53 and it is the Exemplar De Luxe Model. It seems to be plain gauge 531 lovely lugs and wraparound seat stay. It has NERVEX stamped on the BB Shell and simplex dropouts. I would love to have it re painted to the original design but fear it would mean selling the house to pay for it as the paint job was very detailed. Here are some pics of the frame and an old poster I found

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 832
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 831
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 829
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg