East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

if you guys doing a other ride i be up for it i live in leicester off fosse rd north so not too much trouble for me to get there :)

We ride every Tuesday night at 7, usually from Ticknall, but vary the route as weather demands. The wet has played havoc with a lot of the usual routes. Beacon Hill is still very rideable and while it is still dark we dont have problems straying from bridleways into walker territory.
You'd be very welcome. Just check here on the Monday to get Tuesday's details. If you need lights we can usually sort something.

Rob.

wicked will do thanks lights not a problem using twin front lights and a few back lights

what of speed does the group do i got a few bikes currently using my winter bike can maintain 12-16 mph?

am i right that you meet at woodhouse eaves at bradgate park?

The woodhouse Eaves car park is half way up Main Street on the left when approaching from Loughborough, not the Bradgate Park car park.
We go at the pace of the slowest, which is usually me. Our rides are social rather than a chaingang.
Not sure when we will be back at Woodhouse, probably towards the end of the month.

rc200ti":1w3ks9kt said:
We go at the pace of the slowest, which is usually me. Our rides are social rather than a chaingang.

But you can have a blow out up some of the hills and that if you want, or along the straights and just wait at the next junction, that is what some of the other guys do :)
But yeah overall it is at the pace of the slowest rider which is fine for us lot.

Do you ride retro or modern? There is a mixture of us riding retro and modern or modernish - me, Rob (rc200ti), Steve (captaincosmic) and Phil (legacy555) ride retro, the rest are modern or post 1997 i believe?

We have some excellent ride outs and it is well worth a Tuesday night :)

in summer i ride my retro bikes but in winter weather i beening using my Trek Hybrid around 2005ish i belive it is steel forks and aluminum frame

but might bring my retro out on this occasion :)

Back