Festive Frolics - Glentress Saturday 29th december 2012

brilliant to get out today, great company, conditions in GT were surprisingly dry(ish) :eek:

carrying a spare bike ain't half handy :)

festive cabin fever suitably banished

Failed miserably to write up our GT day but Kieth and G-mac summed it up nicely, it was the usual ace day that GT delivers everytime.
Kieth discovered the joy of SS at GT when he had to return to his car for his spare bike after his rear mech exploded after the first climb. It did not commit suicide just because it was attached to a GT no matter how much it amuses me to think that :LOL:
Also introduced the pair of them to the joys of the blue return after spooky and the section of red imediately afterward. Neither had done it before and felt it was a blast, so fast and flowing. Just because a trails graded blue does not mean its not worth the effort :cool:
A great day out !

lol i blame the mech on my poor maintenance regime.

dunno if i would describe SS round GT as a "joy" but it certainly was a challenge but not half as bad as i thought it would be. SS with some front bounce would be work i think.

thoroughly enjoyed it as usual though and that alternate return was damn fine!

velomaniac":guqv8yrp said:
Just because a trails graded blue does not mean its not worth the effort :cool:

Totally agree. The new blue trails at Glentress are its nicest bits. From top of the freeride park down Zoom or Bust, Berm baby berm to buzzards nest then follow the blue all the way to the bottom. Perfect. Just don't tell everyone, let them queue for spooky wood and leave the rest to us in the know :)

Back