How do I connect these? PC/TV related question.........HELP!

neilll":nyls5zxe said:
Fenton":nyls5zxe said:
cool! can I do this myself? any graphics card suggestions? i 'm not very clued up about this sort of thing................!

It needs to be PCI and have TV Out on it....according to the manual (assuming Computerbitz posted up the correct manual) you have one spare PCI slot so your card could go here.

PCI-E wont work though...gotta be PCI (if I read the manual correct...I did only skim thru...)

Reading between the lines at ClubVAIO it is PCI-e as on suggestions for new graphics they giving pci-e cards

http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb ... read=42884

Guys, my tv has s-video in............ so would a graphics card with s-video out work ok? many thanks for all your help with this, i've still not sorted it but need to soon!!

yes it will.

Ive not read the thread fully, but are you intending to use your TV as a monitor? If so i will warn you the image quallity will not be any where near high enogh definition to use comfortably.

If however your just planning to watch movies on it, it'll be ok.

I was planning on doing mate............. its a vaio media pc so thats the idea i believe, I love my b&o too much to get a new one though! I suppose I could buy an LCD tv and put it upstairs or something.......

TVs in general do not offer the same sorts of resolutions as equivelent sized monitors, CRT/LCD or other, just be aware of that...although modern LCD's and plasma's are better than old CRT's.

On your CRT it would be likely that you wouldnt want to run any higher than 640X480 or maybe 800X600 as you will find the text is too blurred to read, even then it wont be comfortable.

Back