How do I connect these? PC/TV related question.........HELP!

Fenton looked at the user manua and specsl for the VAIO and looking at it for you to get the best out of this i would say its best getting a new tele or a digh definition monitor another option maybe to get a low profile graphics card if your tele has D-sub in. But in all honesty for full benefits of the system the new tele better option.

Link for the manual

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Des ... 2_H_EN.pdf

Embarrassing for someone in my line of work I know but I'm in a similar situation :oops: :oops:

Solution = SCART to RCA Phono Audio Video/S-VHS Adapter/Converter
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCART-to-RCA-Phon ... dZViewItem

I run S-Video out the back of my Media Centre into a SCART on the back of our 'soon to meet an untimely demise' ( :twisted: ) rear projection TV*** and it's fine.
You gotta run the audio separately but you have got choices....I run left and right into an Auxillary input on my 5.1 Surround Sound but you could just as easily run the audio direct to your Bang & Olufson (assuming it's got audio in?)

*** We're moving house soon and that sucker will get replaced by a plasma panel and then I'll get an HDMI graphics card for the Media Center :D

There also looks to be a spare slot on your box so you could fit a graphics card with TV Out ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't think the vaio has S video output though mate, only input (see photo) or am i missing something? Ireally appreciate all of your help on this guys by the way.....................

Fenton":3biw7nvh said:
I don't think the vaio has S video output though mate, only input (see photo) or am i missing something? Ireally appreciate all of your help on this guys by the way.....................

solution above in red then ;) (cheap too)

cool! can I do this myself? any graphics card suggestions? i 'm not very clued up about this sort of thing................!

Alternatively get a AV amp that accepts RGB inputs and then out put that to your TV. Then you can set up 5.1 \ 7.1 etc.

Also just noticed it has coax out. You can use this into a scart block. Cant you?

Sorry if this has been suggested already

Fenton":d52dwaa8 said:
cool! can I do this myself? any graphics card suggestions? i 'm not very clued up about this sort of thing................!

It needs to be PCI and have TV Out on it....according to the manual (assuming Computerbitz posted up the correct manual) you have one spare PCI slot so your card could go here.

PCI-E wont work though...gotta be PCI (if I read the manual correct...I did only skim thru...)

s_zigmond":2h4yto2n said:
Also just noticed it has coax out. You can use this into a scart block. Cant you?

Sorry if this has been suggested already

the coax out is to connect to a av amp

suggest read the manual as linked

Graphics is best option to change thought i hadput suggestion in my first post, i still would consider getting the HDMI tele a few bargains available at the mo aswell from samsung but if uou go with thegraphics shange check the card if it isnt low profile you will have a lot more options

Back