another ebay advice please thread

big.eck

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
i just sold a bike on ebay with a near offer but the buyer sent me this...

I did realize the bike was in Scotland, I'm very sorry but I'm not prepared to buy I bike without viewing kit first. I also did realize that by making you a offer I committed myself to buying?
sorry

now the question i'm asking is can i relist the bike and still open a claim so that i don't have to pay the fee's (£75) for the first auction ? or do i have to wait the 4 days then relist ?????

cheers :cool:

probably best to start a non payment claim

if a mutual goes wrong i dont think it can be reversed so you would lose fee

after the cheeky pm i got from him i have no intrest in trying to come to a mutual agreement , i just need to know if i can relist the bike and still open a non payment claim in the 4 days that i have to wait ?

i think you have to wait 7 days before you open a non paying bidder dispute?

I've had this before and it went like this

Later, a day or so they basically say they don't want it....I contact the second highest asking if they are interested and also naming and shaming the non bidder..sometimes they say yes sometimes they say no

if they say no..then again I moved forward with the non paying bidder dispute
within a few days of the dispute being concluded I think ebay refund your fees

I don't think you can relist it until you've sorted out the dispute, as until you do you have technically sold it, just not been paid for it yet, and you can't relist something that isn't "yours". Best to open a non-paying bidder dispute, then he gets a warning from ebay to pay up or get a non-paying bidder "black mark" on his account. If you resolve it with an agreement that the sale isn't to go ahead ("buyer has changed his mind" or similar) then I'm 99% certain you also get your fees back and it's also less hassle, but I'm not sure what happens if you try that route and don't come to an agreement. Then again, if he's said he doesn't want it, then I can't see why he'd mess you around if you try and come to an agreement?

you can relist without solving a dispute
i sold an exhaust 3 times clearly stated no postage collection only
every time it sold the buyers would ask for details an never turn up

after the 3rd time i smashed it to pieces
started a dispute the buyer is yet to respond an this was about 6 months ago

cheers everyone for the advice but i think i'll just break the bike as it'll sell easier :(

Back