Bl**dy postage prices

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just been to Post Office to send my latest 4 zillion parcels to all you retro peeps out there.

Cost has gone up for second class loads! Most small items that you could send for less than a quid are almost double now.

Blinkin flip.

:evil:

Yup,
Its probably to cover damaged / lost / stolen goods. :roll:

the cost of living goes up and your wages...................Dont :evil:

So how much was it to post forks? I'll be selling my RC31's shortly, need to factor in the postage :roll:

Talking about US postage prices.
I was looking at a KELLY Deluxe frame which is now $499,
and asked Chris about the shipping costs to the Netherlands.

This was his reply:

My guess is anywhere between $250 and $350 USD.

Let me know if you want to go for it.

Chris

It depends -

AHA!

IDEA!

Shall we put up a page with typical prices for postage so we know what to expect? UK to begin with and any contributions from other countries can add the cost to the database or whatever.

So for example:

RC30s (steel + steel steerer) - standard parcel charge - UK mainland - £8.45

..or whatever?

I used to work for Royal Mail many moons ago. Large or irregular sized items do cost them a little more to process, but they seem to have taken the piss a bit with the new pricing structure.

I took a Intercooler for a car to the post office today to post Special Delivery for a customer who i'd promised it to for tomorrow. I was told that the maximum width is now 610mm and as my package was 720mm it could not be posted special delivery even though it was only 200mm in width which is 410mm below the restriction. It would be more fair to work on volume rather than stright dimensions.

There are some very accessable courier services now. I use this site

http://www.postvan.com/uk/

May be handy for the wheelers and dealers on here.

Ok - Ill do a sticky thread. Good info people.

The Manitous, were they with steerer? and also what service did u use? Standard parcel post?

Steve - I hit that very problem when sending a set of bars, you have to make it look like a tube then you can get away with longer dimensions. Sent my last set in a drainpipe (seriously) :)

Back