MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":2oo5a90m said:
Rough draft of the Calender 2013.

Easter: Epic. Aviemore or something else April 27/28th

Jun28/29/30 Fat Tyre weekend Fort William, includes 10UTB and an Enduro downhill

back at work :( and planning some holidays

is the Easter epic a firm date?

would also like a go at the 10UTB, so if anyone's needing a head to form a team, pls give me a shout :)

Some new dates coming soon. :) I'll start a thread on 10UTB anaw, maybe try to catch some folks on the New Year resolution fitness wave....as big as it'll be.

In fact it looks a bit like this

MacRetro 2013

Feb: Dunkers ride. 9th Feb at Dunkeld TK

May: National Epic. 25th/26th Venue TBA -> zigzag

June: Glentress ride 8th or 9th

Jun28/29/30 :Fat Tyre weekend Fort William, includes 10UTB and an Enduro downhill Kaiser

July: Pitmedden BBQ Mikee

August: 24th MacRoadRun, 4 Abbeys Velo

All very loose at the moment, anything to add or ideas?

Please feel free to quote and contribute.

RobMac":3d3or1qx said:
Am kinda penciled in for Fort Bill but Im leaning toward the DH Enduro :?

Good stuff :) hopefully some more of the gravity guys will join in. I had considered doing both, but I'm no sure.

kaiser":8dspzt9o said:
RobMac":8dspzt9o said:
Am kinda penciled in for Fort Bill but Im leaning toward the DH Enduro :?

Good stuff :) hopefully some more of the gravity guys will join in. I had considered doing both, but I'm no sure.

Is that possible? If I could get enough fuel into me I'd maybe do both as well :?

Depends what you want to acheive from each one I guess. You could be a ringer in a team Rob and keep yer powder dry for the enduro or go out for it at 10UTB and enjoy the next days riding. Last time Rado and I did 10UTB I was fairly fresh the next day, maybe a bit stiff but I think I would have shaken it off if I needed to ride.

enduro/10utb - it all sounds good, reckon it would be good weekend even if it just suspecting

thanks Kaiser, temporarily forgot it was May (and I'll be on holidays :( )

kaiser":33qqujcz said:
May: National Epic. 25th/26th Venue TBA -> zigzag

All very loose at the moment, anything to add or ideas?

Please feel free to quote and contribute.

Was thinking about a jaunt to Skye in April.

Sorta finish work on Thursday drive to Skye, ride Friday & Saturday on Skye perhaps

Idrigill loop
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 9&start=15
http://www.offroadadventures-online.com/rr051.html

although needs to dry spell, hence why I'm thinking of April

also thinking about the doing a few in and outs into the Cuillin coires from Glen Brittle... these are all climbs in and decents out

Then the Kintail Loop or another route on the drive home on Sunday.

free accommodation may be provided if there's any interest

All sounds good to me :) I can't make the national either :( My new work pattern means even though I have more weekends off its harder to get off on the ones that I'm working, moreso than ever I'm at the mercy of my rota. Added to that I'm already struggling for weekend passes, I've already got a couple of things on the cards.

BTW I'm making some preliminary investigations into the Munro bagging by bike. I've got Ben Lawers, Ben Lomond and Ben Vorlich on the agenda. These will more than likely(possibly) be done mid week though to avoid walkers. Still a good few months away and I'll probably start a thread nearer the time but it'd be good to hear if theres any interest.

kaiser":9pn7wxmw said:
BTW I'm making some preliminary investigations into the Munro bagging by bike. I've got Ben Lawers, Ben Lomond and Ben Vorlich on the agenda. These will more than likely(possibly) be done mid week though to avoid walkers. Still a good few months away and I'll probably start a thread nearer the time but it'd be good to hear if theres any interest.

Been on my to do list for a few years but never find any company at the right time. Mid week usually suits me as well, as long as its not school holidays. Mount Keen is also an easy half day ride. Driesh and Mayer are a bit of a hike a bike, but a 2for1 day out. Could feasibly fit all three into a day with a bit of driving in between. And thighs of steel.

Back