1994 Merlin pic's done today

Hi HK
I am convinced this guy is making a false claim but want to be sure before I jump in
The bike is on TM and the guy is in Dunedin
Have a look see what you think
And get that bike done! :D

not going to lie, as much as I love original bikes, Im not a purist and love these sort of improved bikes (cant think of a better term at the moment)

have to say though that is a seriously nice bike. such a simple design frame but so nice.

like the bike more every time i look at it
might do something similar with mine and put the nos 900 xtr away
theres a dogs bollox on here that had all new modern running gear put onto it that loooks great also.... :cool:

IMHO Merlins can get away with any build, retro or modern, as long as it matches and isn't too gaudy.

Maybe its the classic design, the colour of the titanium maybe, it just works.

Rob Atkin":1vu38b2c said:
IMHO Merlins can get away with any build, retro or modern, as long as it matches and isn't too gaudy.

Maybe its the classic design, the colour of the titanium maybe, it just works.

reviewers at the time would talk about "the last frame you ever buy"

imho builds like this do a great job of showing just how prescient they were. here it is 18 years on, sporting bang up to date kit and looking every bit the part

With mine I get a lot of "nice bike" stuff. Everything else i've had has been "nice bike, RETRO!"

Some urban shots on a night ride tonight

Attachments

• rsz_img_0468.jpg
    rsz_img_0468.jpg
    457 KB · Views: 264
  • rsz_img_0469.jpg
    rsz_img_0469.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 264
  • rsz_img_0470.jpg
    rsz_img_0470.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 264
This is totally right in my book! By using modern parts were they really make an improvement on the riding quality is the best way to realize how good this frame really is. I ride my 94 Merlin every day to work an it's a a joy in any wether. If I had a modern 1inch fork I would sertanly use it on my very rocky home trails. I use a 9speed Saint shifter, Cane Creek V-brakes and Extralite brake levers. The rest is orignal parts.

Back