Fork suggestions for RSP Freeride

Sketchyxup

Retro Guru
The bicycle in question
226383_10151757004386490_2022988515_n.jpg

What iv leaned about this bike is that the frame totally outshadows the forks, im aware the bike is 100% original spec atm so im wanting to keep the forks to put back on if i ever decide to part ways.

I think the bike would really benefit from a modern air shock and some better forks (the fact iv whacked my knees off the top crown has also put a nail in their coffin) the forks must be QR and rim brake compatible, I prefer air and marzocchis but open to ideas, not bothered about them being period correct either.

Original z1's as an opener?

edit to add: travel to be 100-120mm

Did any of the 2003 marzocchi dj forks have canti mounts?

Ive got a '99 rsp300 853 version so pretty mech the same frame. I've recently fitted 08 rock shock recon 351's to mine and its been fantastic. Im wanting to upgrade the rear shock on mine aswell.

love those bikes - I remember dribbling over them in mbuk adverts of old and watching them in the 98 rav4 videos.
Id love to see a boxxer on it but all the criteria would be blown to pieces!

Nice looking bike that...I had some Judy XL's and they weren't up to much even then. The Bombers of the same vintage totally outclassed them.

I'd go with a set of early Bombers but in coil guise as that's what Marzocchi do best.

kermitgreenkona88":1c8n6r1j said:
Absolutely screaming out for a pair of nice Orange Z1's on there IMHO :cool: :cool: :D

Funny you should mention that as i just missed out on a set which were local to me, balls.

The early boxxer suggestion would look the nuts but i want to keep using the wheels that are on it as they are perfect which is why 20mm forks are off the list.

I had one of these a while back, I sold the frame to someone on here. I had 1998 Manitou X vert carbon tripple clamps that went very well with the colour of the frame being light orange.

Latest posts

Back