How do you earn your living?

corsarob":1a75zzgz said:
i`m a service engineer for the nhs wheelchair service,sounds good dont it??

Ever been tempted to customise the wheelchairs with some Hope hubs and 217 Sunsets or something?

I work for a hydraulics manufacturer that supply the oil & gas market. I look after our main customer, organise the work & people to get it done, CMM programmer, ex CNC machinist, time served, advanced modern apprenticeship. Been doing my current role for the past 2 years & have cleared £2m worth of equipment.

Medlcal device engineer, I invent & develop stuff that fixes people. Currently self employed.

Systems Accountant. I administer some pieces of Finance software and write pretty reports for people. Bit a see-saw between IT work and Finance work.

gavinda":30d0rn1h said:
corsarob":30d0rn1h said:

There was chatter on the radio the other day about this. Apparently some trusts are buying/supplying new wheelchairs rather than going through the 'trouble' of sanitising the used ones.
well we still clean and maintain the old ones,nhs round here must think its cost effective,i think the company gets about £50 per year to look after a standard manual chair,so its much cheaper than a new one.

renaldo":2i6hegbb said:
corsarob":2i6hegbb said:

Ever been tempted to customise the wheelchairs with some Hope hubs and 217 Sunsets or something?

not really,but i wouldnt like to say what happens to the powerchairs and scooters that come in.lol. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I travel around polishing other people's motors, like these...

8335570082_9b296f1497_z_d.jpg

8335569996_c8e2bafa59_z_d.jpg

:cool:

Chief Electrician in a theatre.

Basically rigging and operating all of the lighting and sound requirements for shows.

Good, relaxed atmosphere and fairly informal.

Bad, not as much time off as I would like to have fun.

Back