Anyone tell me what year this was made?

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
This is the Dawes raw nerve i bought a couple of months ago,can anyone tell me what year it was made. It came with full dx groupset & full Reynolds 531 magnum frame and forks.

DX was 1990 to 1993 and this isn't in the 93 brochure so that narrows it down a bit. Something a bit 80s about the colour/decals so I'd lean towards 1990.

EDIT: 1993 DX had different finger/thumb rapidfires as well.

Any "90", "91", "92" near the start of the serial number?

Dawes raw nerve

The only numbers showing is 89 then it go's under the cable guide. The colours definately late 80's early 90's also it's got the earlier cantilevers not the br-m650's

I will stick my neck out and say 1990.

I had a Dawes from the same range around 91/92, and I'm sure they changed the decals slightly, they also had some really bad colour schemes.

Do a search in this section for Dawes Edge, there have been some pretty decent threads about them.

The Edge is the model I really wanted back then, but could not afford.

Almost certainly a 1990 spec model made in late 89 then. The years I was talking about are "model years" which actually start in the autumn of the year before.

All the Shimano bits will probably have N... date codes on them ;)

Shimano-Date-Codes.jpg

Raw nerve

Think I've cracked it,found this catalogue for the 1990 deore dx groupset. Everything bar the u-brake is on my bike.

Back