What Retro stuff have you been doing today ?

Another 20 miles or so in on the Zaskar today; getting more fun with each ride. :) Came across the field at the back of our house today flat out - reminded me of the old start/finish straight at Astley.

(Also wore my king of the mountains jersey, partly to give me power for the hills and partly because it would annoy my brother if I bumped in to him - respect the jersey! hahaha)

Today I went mental ... The garage has been a state now for as long as I can remember... you trip over things ...you cant find anything... A garage that should lose 4 bikes is so full of crap you can just about fit them in. You get the picture!

My mission today was to break a bike to sell on to fund a new project so went into the garage at 10am and just went mental blitzing it you know when your just on it ..had enough agggghhhh!! :twisted: :twisted:

So I now a nice shiny garage with lots of room and everything back in its place and now just chilling with my wife and mother seeing the new year in quietly.

HAPPY NEW YEARS WEST-MIDLANDERS :cool:

Attachments

• garage.JPG
    garage.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 537
So which of those three are you breaking to sell? :shock:

Today, I have been mostly finishing my Roberts DB, after that, I wrapped the bars on my Concorde.

Unfortunately, the weather here is so diabolical, I haven't ridden either of them yet :evil:

breaking my last mountain bike!! :shock: well I do have a 1988 white spider to build but have nothing period for it to fit :roll:

The weather has been shocking ... Shameful but just havent bothered :twisted: :roll:

daj":2vbb4rrz said:
breaking my last mountain bike!! :shock: well I do have a 1988 white spider to build but have nothing period for it to fit :roll:

The weather has been shocking ... Shameful but just havent bothered :twisted: :roll:

what do you plan to ride the HONC on dave ?

matthew71":390cw7r0 said:
daj":390cw7r0 said:

The plan is to pick up a decent cross bike and have a go at the 100k and slowly try and put the white spider together but dont have a clue where to start with that been period 1988 and 130mm rear drop outs.

daj":ov7qgzh6 said:
matthew71":ov7qgzh6 said:
daj":ov7qgzh6 said:

The plan is to pick up a decent cross bike and have a go at the 100k and slowly try and put the white spider together but dont have a clue where to start with that been period 1988 and 130mm rear drop outs.

Just build it with anything to get it rideable, then upgrade in time

daj":3kxpusfo said:

You need to look at Sinnermans build thread for specs.

87 / 88 was around when I started riding mtb's, and as I recall, Campag and even Sachs were being used by a lot of independent builders, although I think Shimano was the choice of many racers.

Or you could just do what James said ;)

Today I rode a whole six miles (impressive with the amount of crap I've eaten over the past couple of weeks) on the Zaskar to feed a friend's cat. Stopped on the bridge in the town to have a look at the swollen river Severn and got asked by a few of the slightly evil looking local kids on a tatty BMX and a couple of scooter where you buy a bike like mine. I said, 'in the past or failing that eBay'. Stumped me for a while though with where to start. :D

Back