1992 Raleigh Peak

dirtjumper_dmr

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Picked this up on ebay. I'm guessing at 1992, I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Most of the stickers had gone flakey so I have removed the worst of them. I think it looks OK without.

The plan is to do very little but ride it. Will probably get rid of the plasticky STI units and fit DX thumbshifters and some nice brake levers.

Attachments

• peak03.jpg
    peak03.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,271
  • peak02.jpg
    peak02.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Peak01.jpg
    Peak01.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 1,271
That looks mint, on my phone at least

dirtjumper_dmr":111y3yp9 said:
It's not quite mint. There are a few marks but it's clearly not had a hard life.

I would agree with that, it looks pretty clean to me, nice find. I'm pretty sure this was the first version of the K2 Peak going by the colour, so 92 should be about right. There's a 93 catalogue in the "gallery&archive" section if you haven't seen it already which may be of interest.

whyterider":z7ob5jsu said:
That is in great condition for a 20+ year old bike. Yes it is a 1992, I had one back then, the geometry was great for it's time (still is in fact)!

One area to keep an eye on is the welds where the seat stays and the seat tube meet, this was a slight weakness with the 1992 K2 Series.

Yep, exactly. It's the one reason I wouldn't have a 1992 K2 frame. The 93 frames had shot in seatstays specifically due to the number of frames that failed at that point.

That said, your's looks in lovely condition and I really like the colour of the Peak that year. Just keep an eye on those welds.

Back