1994 Merlin pic's done today

marker

Retro Guru
Had some spare time today and can't ride at the moment so had a go at some Merlin shots.
This is my 1994 Merlin Titanium with a combination of parts from various eras.
1999 Mars Elite fork
1999/2000 Crossmax wheelset
Pauls levers
Recent XTR etc.
The bike is riden regularly and performs flawlesly.
It is the best hard tail I have ever owned and the modern components allow the bike to perform as it should.
I would like to fit a modern fork with 80mm travel but the choices with v-brake options are limited and I have not found an option I am happy with yet.
I know a few on here will cringe at the modern approach but the bike definately rides better for it and I get the best of both world with this set up.
Enjoy.
:)

Attachments

• rsz_dscf1666.jpg
    rsz_dscf1666.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 970
  • rsz_dscf1667.jpg
    rsz_dscf1667.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 968
  • rsz_dscf1672.jpg
    rsz_dscf1672.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 967
  • rsz_dscf1674.jpg
    rsz_dscf1674.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 968
  • rsz_dscf1670.jpg
    rsz_dscf1670.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 970
loverly bike
think its great to see old frames fitted out with later gears shifters etc, can only make a merlin better to ride if poss, :D

Lovely bike, will go on for a long long time, and everything works.

Just one thing though, if you raise the stem a bit you can have a flat bar on there.

Re: 1993 Merlin pic's done today

very very nice frame / bike :D
I also would like to have a titan Merlin :p although I had set up it differently but you've also done a good job mate.

Yes true, with age base and modern parts can achieve good result.

congratulations! :cool:
nice work, I also possess a merlin of 93 and going really well, what is your serial number?

Merlin

Love the frame and know the modern parts will be functional, but personally would go with period parts, especially canti's.

Nice :cool: :cool: :cool: . I'm sure it'll upset a few of the purists on here but nowt wrong with modernising a classic frame imho. Just don't be tempted to weld a disc mount onto it please ;)

Hi Mark,

Looking good.

Am yet to build the K2 - but getting closer!

LT

Good luck with the Klein dating!

Back