Rossin SL Early 1980's

New Rossin Build

I am just building up an old Rossin its probably mid 80's Columbus SL , the serial numbers for most are stamped on the rear dropout left side mine is K1 210 although from what I understand these are random almost.

Has anyone seen one in these colours before ? Also it has a race number hanger which is not so common.

Its hopefully going for a respray in Jan/Feb to Argos bikes in Bristol but the current paint is grwoing on me so I may keep the same colour scheme just in new paint.

[/img]

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 1,227
Other Pics

BB with "R" cutout and cable guides, the earlier 80's and late 70 Rossins often had teh cable guides above the BB and on top of the rear chain stay.

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,222
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,222
  • photo 7.JPG
    photo 7.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,222
Please please keep the original paint , there's a chance you'll stumble across some old pics and find it's a team colour especially with race tags, then you'd kick yourself! :shock:

Hi,

Have you come across a Rossin team paint scheme in white? I am in the process of trying to date my Prestige Team frame and i was told it may be the Murella team in 1984 or 1985 but i am having doubts about this info.

Happy New Year,

Richard

Murella Rossin 1984

I found this from Murella 1984 and they were white and grey, I have seen one of these on ebay recently also.

Attachments

• patellaro-benedetto-1984.jpg
    patellaro-benedetto-1984.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 801
Have you any info about BB cable routing, you mention routing over BB in 70's and your BB has the cut out 'R', mine has the cables routing through the BB.

I have seen that pic but my cables route though the top tube, colour is close though but it has not got the race plate boss either. On closer inspection on this bloody iPad, that is not a Prestige frame.

Any info at all is appreciated.

Thanks,

Richard

Murella 1985

I found this one which is similar frame but again looks like SLX, I think all the team frames had to have the number hangers

Attachments

• 1985PaganessiAlessandro.jpg
    1985PaganessiAlessandro.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 783
In the first pic, the bike has not got the race plate boss strangely. What I really want to know is the history of the BB design. It appears to be -

1. Cables over BB
2. Cables through BB
3. Cables under cut out 'R' BB with guides

If the above is accurate, any idea of the years?

Thanks,

Richard

Ref Rossin

Sorry for the delay from what I can tell, the BB setup was typically:

late 70's -early 80's Cables over BB
Early 80's Cables under BB
Mid to late 80's cables through BB

You also tend to see the cable through the top tube in the late 80's whereas the early to mid 80's have the cables normally along the top tube.

Mine seems to be different hear in that mine has the cables on the side of the top tube.

I have spent a lot of time trying to ID mine and havent been able to.

Mine will be getting a respray in February so I will probably post some new pics when its done although I intend to keep the same paint scheme

Back