campagnolo brake levers help identify

pullingteeth

Retro Guru
pleae could someone help with these'
IMG_0347_zps0047488c.jpg

concorde pantographing but the cut outs?

Look like nuovo gran sport with home made slots / cutouts. Writing is a bit square and there is no boxing with a lower point around the writing....

Just a stab in the dark though.

Shaun

Midlife":2nct3ogd said:
Look like nuovo gran sport with home made slots / cutouts. Writing is a bit square and there is no boxing with a lower point around the writing....

Just a stab in the dark though.

Shaun

I agree.

levers

i reckon you're right about gran sport, but looking at other pics on the web it seems quite a few panto'd ones have the slots, so maybe the slots were done when the pantoing was done?

Re: levers

pullingteeth":26hdm63c said:
i reckon you're right about gran sport, but looking at other pics on the web it seems quite a few panto'd ones have the slots, so maybe the slots were done when the pantoing was done?

Always! you can even tell that it was done after the anodizing, therefore not in the Campagnolo factory, but rather subsequently. That design of cut-outs is very commonplace.

Concorde panto perhaps?

Cutting out was fairly normal for Italian 70s / 80s - plenty of examples out there. Generally top end bikes that might of had Super Record levers came with heavily amended Record levers - the Super Record drilling reduced scope for pantographing.

Back