My New Macbook

Surely Macs are just for people who have far too much money to burn?! Nice 'n all, but blimey they're expensive...

Lysander":27il815q said:
cherrybomb":27il815q said:
Welcome to the Dark Side.

GetYerCoat.jpg

OK :( :(

I use both a mac (Ibook) and a PC.

PC gets used for CAD work and playing games , areas that macs are lacking.

Mac gets used for everything else, email, typing, browsing music etc. Its just so much nicer to use!

Ziggy":1j3kpksr said:
Surely Macs are just for people who have far too much money to burn?! Nice 'n all, but blimey they're expensive...

Not really, i specced up a Dell and also looked at Sony Vaio's and there wasn't much in it between the Mac and the PC's. Plus the Mac came with more software and i:work is much cheaper than Office and compatible enough for my needs.

Mac's aren't better than PC's, just differant.

How many Mac users does it take to change a light bulb?
Four. One to consult the manual that came with it, one to call tech-support, and two to sit and wait for the 'Smiley Face' to appear and say 'Welcome to Macintosh'. ;) :LOL:

True they are over priced. My last computer at was a Mac. And it was easy to use. But compare the price difference with a equal pc.
I hope you have Norton anti virus ?? As Mac's do get hit just not as much

I "moved to the darkside" :roll: about two months ago and WOW

As part of my job I was able to spend plenty of time pricing up similar PC configurations to get them to that of the iMac (one I bought) and there was very little in it.

I have never been an intensive PC user so found moving to Apple easy and boy ar they easy to use and get on with!" :eek: :D

IMHO

PC's and their software - Designed by programmers

Apple and their software - Designed by users

Now of to complete my corporate brain washing :shock: :D ;)

M

tintin40":3qzklht9 said:
True they are over priced

Sorry, but that's a myth.

Yes, you can buy a PC notebook for less than the cheapest Mac. But for the same spec you would pay virtually the same price.

Go to the Dell website and spec up a notebook if you doubt it.

Macs use Intel chips these days and have incorporated pc architecture that’s why you can now install windows on a Mac so yeah they aren’t better and yeah they are different but they beginning to conform :LOL:

I Used to have this argument frequently with students my fave one one, was always when they said we dont get virus's on mac and you then go show them the list of virus's a mac could have and the anti virus software available

love the mac v pc and mac v pc adds on youtube though make me laugh the thing with mac users v pc users in the main though is ignorance

Back